Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bitcoins bitminin your opinions

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by thedude234, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Ok so im sure some of you heard about online currency bitcoins, onlinecurrency that is not controlled buy goverment, well there is thing called bitmining, when bitcoins where first created the owner scattered 21 million bitcoins around the web (1 bitcoin = 150 USD Atm) You get a miner on your computer that is a program and it uses your CPU or GPU, the better GPU or CPU the more chance of mining out bitcoins and the more bitcoins since i have a really good computer i can currently mine out around 1 btc every 1 to 2 days so thats 3-7 bitcoins a week making me 300-700$ a week keep in mind my computer is probably the worst there a setupts that make 1000 times this amount many people have become millionares from this so what are your opinions?

2. sounds like a scam

3. #3 thedude234, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
    How is it a scam . Am i asking you to do it im just asking your opinions...

Its not a scam because i actually made 2000$ so far and actually exchanged the bitcoins for IRL cash

4. How do you do a setup to mine them?

5. get a real job you fucking loser

6. #6 ICGreen, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
    :rolleyes: Couldn't you have communicated just as well (actually better) without resorting to name calling? ;) :smoke:

Edited to add: SHIT now I have to report two children (unless they quickly edit their shit).

Down to one.

7. [quote name='"NeverComingDown"']sounds like a scam[/quote]

Bit coins are not a scam at all. But I do think the Feds are soon going to crack down on them. They don't like competition.

8. Your 2 years too late.

9. It can be a bit complicated first you will need to make an online wallet to hold your bitcoins (Bank)

Bitcoin Block Explorer - Blockchain.info
    (this one is my personel fav. but there are many more wallets

And now for the bitcoin mining page
    https://mining.bitcoin.cz/
    (make an acount there and download program like i said this one is my fav program but there are many others out there)

I suggest you first read the bitcoin wiki just google it for the basics

10. I wish I would have bought some bitcoins when I saw them for twenty bucks. I stared at them for weeks but I didn't even think i'd ever need anonymous money unless I was buying drugs off the internet ahaha just kidding >_>

I regret not buying just one of these babies when I had the chance. But to be honest paper currency trading is already fishy business and virtual value just sounds like a risky investment... but what do I know i'm a shitty investor obviously from this post ahahah i'm curious to see where BitCoin is going from here. Hopefully it's just not all hype and a dependable medium of trade actually exists. I can't speculate shit though.

11. True back in the day i had 15 bitcoins then i found my old wallet with it but accidently deleted it almost 2000 grand waste...

12. And this thread has what to do with Cannabis?

13. I wondered the same thing.

14. I seriously hope you don't live with your parents and if you do they better be seeing a cut of that $2000.

Now, keep in mind that computers take electricity to run. The sheer processing power that allows you to complete 1-2/25 of a block in a day takes up electricity. A huge amount in fact, so much that most bitminers factor it into the profit margin.

Expect a huge electric bill and angry parents wondering why.

15. Parents expect too much from kids nowadays.
    If I was playing video games all day on my computer, would you still want me to pay?

Parents are the supporters. If you cant support your kids.. dont have any.

I am the kid of a poor family, very poor. Id scream if my mom demanded money. I am poor as well and the computer is all I have when I am bored

I hate parents who take cash from kids.. its not right. that is all

a computers job is to process.. hes just using it for what its made for :p

16. I mine, on my PC. I have everything hooked to a UPS with an on-board wattage meter. When I'm mining on my rig, I use about 150w more power than my computer uses in a normal state. That isn't going to jack up the bill much....pretend like you're leaving (2) 75w house lights on during the day. It's not much difference.

This on a weed forum where a lot of people grow using 1000w setups...LOL. :D

And I'm sure the reference to the bitcoins here would be "SR".

OP, should have gotten in early. You're asking about something that's been around for a couple of years now. BC's were like $4-$5 for a while last year in fact, I bought quite a few and held onto them. Let's just say if I wanted to cash out right now I'd be straight. However if it dropped, I wouldn't be out much money.... so I think I'll just hang onto em :cool:

17. Woah not a report. What a hard ass

18. I am highly interested in this, and have been for a while. The problem, is I'm probably the least technology friendly person in the world.

Is the process difficult? I don't necessarily want to delve into anything that I can't finish, but I'm sure I could figure out the process if there was some kind of step by step procedure.

I guess I'm just mulling the whole idea over, idk.:rolleyes:

19. sounds like a scam
    [​IMG]

20. The hard ass is the one that just reported your post.

:)