Bitcoin bubble? not a happy camper

Discussion in 'General' started by fracturtle, Mar 6, 2013.

1. i've been playing around with bitcoins for a while now and it's always gone over quite well. recently one of the most popular bitcoin suppliers relaunched their site and it would appear there are a lot of folks being ripped off on their transactions.

i was supposed to have coin deposited into an account within 2 hours of payment and it's going on 24 with no response from support.

is bitcoin simply a new bubble that's going to eventually pop and become a worthless form of online currency?

2. I've been thinking of buying a bitcoin just for the novelty of it. What kind of shit can you buy with it?

I know nothing of economics/currency trends, so I wouldn't know.

3. I actually doubled my money on my last sell. I think bitcoins will stay around and are useful but sometimes you get lucky or unlucky either that or have patience.

4. yea i mean i've purchased coin at 15$ and had them rise up to over 30$ so it's a convenient way to make money if you are patient and have a legit hookup for coin.

problem is, i went with one of the most trusted suppliers and seem to be getting boned.

also, you can spend coin anywhere it's accepted. some online retailers accept them, erowid accepts them as donations/payment and if you are into the darknet you can buy whatever you want lol

5. Same as the other dude, my bitcoins more then doubled in value, shit is better then investing in stocks lool. They have been steady rising for a bit now.

6. Lol who buys bit coins...

7. probably people without the means to run a series of computers to mine for them a fraction at a time....or people who spend them and aren't acquiring coin through sales?

8. there can only be few reasons why members of grasscity would use bitcoins, and I can think of one good one.

9. i'm going to jump in with....wtf is bitcoin

*heads to google*

10. this feels illegal or like gambling or something....i want in!

11. I believe bitcoins are not breaking any laws. :wave:

12. :laughing: Rightt?
    I have always been remotely interested, for a few various reasons.

13. still seems shady....i want in. fucking OpenCL issue...

14. Bitcoins themselves don't break laws but most of the reasons you would use them do... or at least the good reasons anyway.

15. first rule of DeepWeb is you don't talk about DeepWeb

16. seriously. bitcoin talk is one thing but when people start handing out links to various sites it's like...did you not see fight club?

it's really not too complicated...if you poke around for a bit you'll find your way in;)

17. yea i figured it out a little but lost interest. my attention span is ultra low

18. same here. currently in the midst of 3 different projects lol

19. Based on Frac and Turds convo, I got to thinking...
    I am actually horrible at poking around, I always poke some bullshit, so I might just stay away as to not get in much trubbs.

But um, Bitcoin, can you trade it for real currency?

20. So how do you mine for bitcoins? I've googled "mining bitcoins" images and seen some crazy rigs with like 10 video cards and rooms full of servers. How does it work?