bit by a black widow..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by tonyhimselff, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Took a picture of this gorgeous specimen at work a couple weeks ago. I think it's a Brown Widow though.

Attached Files:

2. Now call me a dumbass but I opened the thread expecting to see a story on how the OP got attacked by some old black lady...

3. [quote name='"88k5BLAZER"']Saw this fucker today. there was about 4-5 of them chilling in this massive wood pile.
    [/quote]

They seem to love wood piles. I have seen 4 or 5 of them since moving to the south and all but one of them were when I was moving old wood that had been laying in a yard. It scared the hell out of me the first time because I've always heard horror stories and never saw them in New York.

They're really not very aggressive in my experience, I've used a stick on one to check if it had the markings and it didn't even really move much. Still killed it though, I'm not trying to get bitten by one of those.

4. dlkjdfkljdf

STOP FUCKING QUOTING THE SPIDER BITE PICTURE. fucking damnit I'm trying to read the thread without seeing that shit over and over. You guys are just as bad as the constant shares of abused animals and kids with cancer on facebook.

5. [quote name='"StimulateMyMind"']dlkjdfkljdf

STOP FUCKING QUOTING THE SPIDER BITE PICTURE. fucking damnit I'm trying to read the thread without seeing that shit over and over. You guys are just as bad as the constant shares of abused animals and kids with cancer on facebook.[/quote]

Hahah the abused animals makes me more sad than cringe :(

Theres tons of spiders around thid hiuse sadly because of all the trees and stuff...theres a new spiderweb in my room everday.

6. Damn ive never seen a black widow close up before...but i have seen a brown recluse. It bit my uncle and the poison like ate away at his skin it was sick. He had like a a half inch deep hole in his back.