bit by a black widow..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by tonyhimselff, Jun 12, 2012.

1. So about four hours ago ime and my girl were laying down in bed after a bowl. I felt something on the back of my thigh so I scratch and feel a pinlike poke and then something fell into my hand. I threw it against my tv since I didn't know what it was.

To my luck ii realize its a black widow. The hosptal said all they'd do is give me pain meds. So I decided to just stay at home and medicate myself.

So far all I've go is extremely painful body cramps and tremors. Worst pain I've ever experienced but medicating relieves it a bit.

2. Holy shit. :eek: That's horrible, man. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

3. Nasty Little Suckers I hate them Good luck mate feel better.
    [​IMG]

4. all the pain and tremors is the bite affecting your body. you needa go to the hospital bro!

5. Some good info..................................................
    Im sure you look already but just in case Looks serious man

[​IMG]

Black Widow Spider Bites

Latrodectus hesperus

Overview | Prevention | Video
    Health and Medical Disclaimer

Black Widow Spider Bites

The female black widow spider, though it is the most venomous spider in North America, seldom causes death as it injects a very small amount of poison when it bites. Reports indicate human mortality at well less than 1% from black widow spider bites.

How dangerous are black widow spider bites?

If a black widow spider bites a person, do not panic! No one in the United States has died from a black widow spider bite in over ten years. Very often the black widow will not inject any venom into the bite and no serious symptoms develop. Wash the wound well with soap and water to help prevent infection.

If muscle cramps develop, take the patient to the nearest hospital. Some victims, especially young children, may be admitted overnight for observation and treatment.

Treatments are available for the symptoms caused by a black widow spider bite. Various medications are used to treat the muscle cramps, spasms and pain caused by a bite. Black widow spider antivenin is seldom necessary.

(source: http://www.calpoision.org) Poison Contol Web Site

Symptoms of a Black Widow Spider Bite

If you are bitten by a black widow spider you may experience one or more of the symptoms listed below. Poison injected by the spider at the time of the bite causes the symptoms, not the bite itself.

Small children and the elderly are often more symptomatic and can have a more severe reaction to the venom of the black widow spider.

If you are not sure if you were bitten by a black widow spider, you should know that the following symptoms can be caused by or resemble other medical conditions. Always consult a physician for a diagnosis.

Symptoms may vary for each individual.
    •Local pain, redness, burning and swelling at bite site (Some may have minimal pain from the bite itself)
    •Abdominal pain (pain can be similar to appendicitis) and localized or generalized muscle cramps (stomach, shoulders and back)
    •Headache
    •Rash and itching
    •Sweating
    •Eyelid swelling
    •Salivation, tearing of the eyes
    •Weakness, tremors or paralysis (especially in the legs)
    •Nausea and/or vomiting
    •Dizziness and/or fainting
    •Chest pain (similar to a heart attack)
    •Respiratory difficulties may follow
    •High blood pressure

Treatment:

Depending on your reaction to the bite you may have mild or severe symptoms. If you, or the person bitten, is experiencing more than mild pain or symptoms throughout your body seek treatment at the emergency department of a hospital. If symptoms are severe, or the person has trouble breathing, convulsions or cannot wake up, call 911 for immediate medical assistance and transportation to hospital. Early treatment is important, especially for young children and elderly people. A physician can evaluate the severity of the bite and give specific antivenin or treatment to relieve pain or respiratory problems if necessary. Persons with heart conditions or other health problems may require a hospital stay if bitten by a black widow spider.

First aid measures:
    •Wash the bite site with soap and water
    •Apply an ice pack wrapped in a cloth over the bite location
    •To help prevent an infection apply an antibiotic lotion or cream to the bite site
    •Elevate if the bite is on a limb (arm or leg) to prevent swelling
    •Seek immediate emergency care
    •Try to collect the spider specimen in a small jar or plastic bag for examination by a spider expert, even if you have crushed it.
    •Treatment in a medical facility may be necessary.

Call the Poison Center for additional information or if you are confused about what to do:

Poison Centers across the country now have a new national emergency phone number - 1-800-222-1222

Or visit their web site: California Poison Control System

6. I appreciate the info. My gf drove me to the emergency room and they said alll they'd do is give me ibuprofen and that's it. Unless I start having trouble breathing then nothing else is done.

Pains pretty fucking bad right now though. I need some Gold Dust

7. Um go to the hospital, those bites aren't to be taken lightly. I think whoever you talked to has no idea wtf they are talking about. Its not a normal spider, they probably don't realize that black widows are a very dangerous spider.

Go to the hospital.

8. ya...if you're having tremors go to the hospital...

later...think of some revenge..go bite a spider...

[​IMG]:p

9. Widow bite gone bad
    This is what can happen dude keep an eye on it and if you have breathing problems get to the Hospital
    [​IMG]

10. That sucks man. When you feel better, go to Home Depot and get a giant thing of bug spray. Kill that spider's entire family!

He did go to the hospital.

They refused to do anything other than give him Ibuprofen. You want him to go back and argue? "Well my friends on GC said you are WRONG, Ms. Nurse!"

11. Man and here I was convinced Black Widows kill you... guess you learn something new each day.

12. That's all they did? Wow that's not good

13. They were just gonna give you pain killers?

Sounds like a sketch hospital if thats all they can do for a potentially lethal spider bite

14. They CAN kill you!

15. Salt on a band-aid to help draw out the poison at the very least.

16. Try not to to die op :rolleyes:

17. Yea, he's dead by now.

18. Fuck Spiders. All of them.

Did you get that bastard? If so, one less mothafucka to worry about.

Kill 'em all. :metal:

19. mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..................

20. Uhhh you sure that pic isn't a brown recluse bite? BW venom is neurotoxin, but doesn't generally cause that terrible necrotization of flesh like in the pic. That's more characteristic of brown recluse bites.

At any rate, it's good you went to the hospital, just in case. I'd just try to relax and rip a fat bowl.

Oh yeah and figure out if there's a nest in your house, wouldn't wanna wake up to more nasty surprises later.:smoke: