Birthers (hate > proof)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Postal Blowfish, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I get that some Americans are pissed off.

But I wonder if this would still be an issue if Obama turned out to be a good president :smoke:

2. Personally, I don't care if his BC is legit or not. It's too late to do anything about it anyways. I think the issue is not so much about the Constitution and the rules regarding eligibility but rather, is he lying about it? That would be significant to me.

3. he thinks just because hes the pres. that he's above the law,,,,

he ignores court rulings,,,,,

he's even got a lawsuit going with another state,,,,

name me one president who has put a lawsuit on a state,?

he's doing nothing to secure our southern border,,,,and after finding '' islamic literature'' in the desert i believe action needs to be taken,,,,,

arabs are coming in thru our southern border...dressed like mexicans,,,,since they look like mexicans,,,

it's impossible to impeach a president i believe we learned that thru BILL CLINTONS impeachment trial....

so we will just have to wait each miserable day that goes by until mr. obama is forced to leave the white house,,,,

I WONDER HOW HE FEELS ABOUT LIVING IN A PLACE CALLED THE WHITE HOUSE,,,:p

4. Besides for the fact that the birth certificate is all over the internet it is NOT required that both parents be American citizens to be considered a "natural born" citizen.

5. AT LEAST HE COULD ADMIT THAT HES A MUSLIM,,,,,,

barrack hussein obama,,< thats a muslim name,,,,,,did he get it at birth,,,,,or did he do as other black guys do thats been in prison,,,,,accept islam and hatred for the white man,,,,and shed himself of his slave name...:confused:

6. Now THIS I can dig, I can't see what he's got to lose by clearing the matter up once and for all with an official, comprehensive story that reflects the truth as it is apparent to him. George Washington said he could never tell a lie, he wouldn't have had a problem showing his birth certificate I'd imagine... so Obama should similarly be, if he aspires to Washingtons example. If he doesn't and refuses to show it, to me it just makes him look suspicious and closeted... it's still not very important, but it's the fact that the President has an obligation and duty to the people, not them to him. He's their servant, they're not his... he should do what they want and show his certificate. I'm not American so I don't know the details of what he has and hasn't said about it/has and hasn't released, but to me the entire thing seems like a shitty scenario. The premise is shitty, the fact that he hasn't dispersed this conflict with the truth by now is shitty, the whole thing is one giant blown up affair over one individual who should know better than to be so contemptful of public desire to know about him, by a heap of people who should know better than to focus their efforts on something so stupid and trivial as where he's born when he continues to have troops stationed in Afghanistan and continues to allow corporations to rule both America and the rest of the world.

7. stopped reading after this part.. you are a crazy person.

i'm sure the President was born in Hawaii and is legit 100%.. someone would have found evidence to the contrary by now.

but to say "who cares if his birth matched the conditions of the Constitution" is crazy talk in my opinion.

8. Why is the Constitution so important that the applicant to the position of Presidency must play by the exact rules specified by it? On a superficial level it's appealing to say "Because the people who wrote the Constitution know what's best and didn't want the position to be occupied by just ANYONE, someone shouldn't be able to bend the rules to suit themselves! It's unconstitutional" But the people who wrote the Constitution were writing to dictate the conditions of a system that represented first and foremost the values of the Founding Fathers (which is, objectively, to say the values and perspectives of a room full of old, rich white men from the late 18th century) and secondarily the desires of the late 18th century population of white, male America, who were to be representing their perspectives THROUGH the decisions and actions of their representatives. Now, this is where it becomes ridiculous to me... these Founding Fathers were REPRESENTING their fellow countrymen, just as the Senator or Congressman is a 'representative' of the people in their state who voted them in. The people never made any decisions themselves, they voted these representatives to make the decisions for them... and then they sat back and said "Yep, these people have represented us non-politically involved lower class plebs completely and totally benevolently! They're REPRESENTED us, they're acting in our best interests!"

Naive in the extreme, not just because the Founding Fathers (and they all, after all, were fathers, there were no 'Founding Mothers' and thus the council immediately excludes women from its immediate circle of perspective-representation) might have had an agenda but because of the notion that these men were special, that ANY political representative is any better representative of a man than he is himself. If you gathered a handful of academics 30 years after the Constitution was written and told them to write a document, do you think it would be any better or worse in its historical perception? I'd wager not, those 'Founding Fathers' would be your new historical idols and their document would be your new 'perfect document', it is historical perception itself and other social construct that has given the Constitution the power that it has. To me, THAT'S crazy, that you let this heap of paper dictate so staunchly what is good and what isn't, a piece of paper that is only powerful because you put power into it by furthering its social construction as being this fantastic document. The fact that it is completely powerless is obvious in the amount of times that it has been broken, and thus the fact that it is quite irrelevant to prosperity in the least is evident in the immense wealth and military strength of the United States... if the Constitution itself was actually held the power that it's purported to, how come an unconstitutional state is so powerful and 'successful' as it is?

9. #30 Johnny Cash, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011
    There's a difference between a muslim name and an Arabic name.

"Barack is an African name meaning "blessed." It possibly originates from the Hebrew name "Baruch." Hussein is also from Hebrew originally, "hasan," and means "handsome" or "good." His last name is from the Luo language."

No real religious affinity here except the word "blessed", which could be from any religion.

Who cares what his name is anyway? And who cares what his religion is? I thought America was a secular country. Isn't religion a thing between a man and his god?

Do you think all good black Americans have to have a slave name?

10. #31 Skillium, Mar 3, 2011
    You sound like a disgruntled birther that never finished reading the Malcolm X autobiography.

I know of a few Muslims myself; they've never been to prison and they don't hate any white people by default.

11. Very good point.

IMO constitutions have as much ability to ruin countries in the same way religious texts have the ability to ruin human decency. They need to be fluid and open to interpretation, as well as malleable vis-a-vis the technological and social standards of the time (as society changes with the development of technology).

And not taken so god damn seriously.

12. That's all fine.. then they need to amend the constitution to allow foreigners to become president of the US. Until that happens, it's unconstitutional.

13. True! If the rule of law isn't upheld there's no point to it.

14. the avenue to change the document is included in the document. it has been used no less than, what 27 times???

what pisses me off is the notion that the proper avenues do not need to be used to change law. they call the end runs around the constitution Code or statute or whatever, but it all amounts to a power grab. sometimes by the executive branch (executive order, signing statements, declarations of National emergency, etc) sometimes it is done by the congressional branch in the form of various "ACTS" it seems that the judicial branch has even gotten into the habit of legislating from the bench.

why the federal government ever thought it was okay to disregard their own rules is beyond me. it was the beginning of the end if you ask me. if they don't take their own rules seriously then why do i have to take them seriously?

OH yeah, guns and fines and imprisonment...OH MY

15. His wife, on more than one occasion, has said that Obama's home country is Kenya. A certification of live birth is not a birth certificate. Abercrombie promised to find the birth certificate once he took office and has failed in his search thus far.

This is a conspiracy I truly do believe... Listening to your most intimate other half say that your home country is Kenya on more than one occasion is more than enough evidence for me.

The implications of this? He is lying... That is a problem for the man running our country (all of them lie, but if we can actually point out the lies and have evidence (or lack thereof) to convict them, well...).

As far as the Constitution is concerned? They set up a way to change it. It does flow, it can be changed. The mechanism for changing it has nothing to do with technology or the changes in society. It is a truly democratic process which states that amendments to the Constitution need to be ratified by three quarters of the states. Do you really want to be able to change the laws that affect us all any easier than that? No one takes the time to use the Constitution the way it was meant to be used. Disregarding it completely and/or writing a new one scares me because of where we are today. People will want to put health care, social security, welfare, etc. into this new constitution. These things are impossible to upkeep and we are seeing the fall of our economy because of it (and the Federal Reserve).

16. [​IMG]

17. Ummm....Johnny Cash and Skillium....small point but is there any chance you could edit your posts so that it doesn't look like the chicken quote was originally posted by me?

Please and thank you? :)

18. #39 Postal Blowfish, Mar 3, 2011
    Why don't you prove that the state of Hawaii is full of shit? You're the one with the crazy-ass claim here.

What about birthers bringing it up? Are birthers left wingers? I only posted this because some birthers brought it up. As for the 9/11 shit, that's just as batshit as this and I'd be just as eager to criticize.

I don't like dismissing it so easily. I do wonder where these people were in 2000 when we somehow twisted the 14th amendment to stop counting votes! Nope, no conspiracy, no political motive.

Thanks for contributing basically nothing but distractions over the course of three or more posts.

Oh, they've been trying. I think we're up to two forged foreign birth certs now.

The same kind of delusional people who won't take YES for an answer.

For what reason do Michelle Obama's words suddenly weigh more than the President's and the State of Hawaii's? I think I already know the answer: because you want them to.

Or she misspoke? Seriously? She said something, so he has to be lying?

I repeat: do you have any proof that isn't forged?

19. Of course... don;t know what went wrong there