Birthcontrol + Weed = Dangerous?

Discussion in 'General' started by thecynic, Jan 2, 2005.

1. So my girl was on the pill and she smoked a few times with me and later her doc told her she had an extremely high risk of blood clots in her legs due to the combination, now she's on the patch but im still worried for her, as she likes to smoke but is just a bit scared. Do any of you have any information about it?

Please and Thank you,
    thecynic

2. not sure about this one... maybe you should get a second opinion from someone else in the medical profession. does your girlfriend smoke cigarettes?
    i am on birth control and i'm a regular weed smoker, i have never brought this up during any one of my checkups seeing as everytime they ask 'do you smoke?' i say no and the issue ends there... but i'm also curious to know if i am at risk from just smoking weed.

3. It's best to inform your doctor that you smoke, this way your doctor will always be aware if and ever there is a complication due to your smoking. Your doctor isn't going to narc you out for your weed smoking habit, they must keep it confidential by law.

4. I don't think it's that big of a deal. You have to smoke more than 15 cigs a day and be over 30 for that to really be an issue, and i don't think some pot is the equivilant of that.

I've never had problem with it, and my best friend has been on the pill plus pot and cigs for over 4 years with no problems.

5. Birth control + Weed - Sex = Pregnant
    ;)

6. Yes but we musn't forget the lovely Patriot Act that gives "The Man" the ability to check any medical records at any time for anything. Pretty scary stuff. I wouldn't tell my doc shit. We all put ourselves out on the line everytime we spark, why make it worse? I guess if it's life threatening...

7. Just a little of subject, but when guys smoke the little spermiees get ADHD like and swim real fast at first but usually burn out before they reach the egg. Make sure whoever your girl is with smokes and you'll be fine. :D