Birth control

Discussion in 'General' started by The innovator, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Yeah, because kids end up with such great lives when someone is "forced" to accept responsibility. :p

2. Having a kid doesn't mean an end to a sex life...

3. In many cases it helps slow you down so you can get the big picture of life without something between your legs

4. Which is a horrible reason for someone to have a child...

And that "in many cases" translates to plenty of cases where the girl doesn't grow up and ends up trying to raise a kid while also partying as much as possible and just being a horrible mom in general.

I don't think you're going to get very far with these opinions here. :p

5. Most young, single mothers (that you describe) are mothers of more than 1.

Having a child doesn't make one responsible either. Can easily lead down a self-destructive path of hopelessness for their life being changed so radically.

6. Gross, that's just wrong

Omega369 :wave:

7. How so?

8. I feel no sympathy for a young person with multiple kids unless it was rape or something. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

The only thing preventing me from having a totally one sided view is the life, emotions, and well being of the child.

9. And birth control prevents that from happening...

10. The well being of the child, exactly.

Do you really think these people you talk about who are using birth control "simply to go out and intentionally be a whore.." should be parents?

I don't see a damn thing wrong with taking birth control regularly anyway, I think most of these "whores" you talk about would be whores with or without birth control. Them being on the pill is just lowering the chance of them having to either get an abortion or do a possibly shitty job of raising a child.

Honestly seems like you just have some personal vendetta against this... maybe a girl in your past who used birth control and was a whore? :p

11. Again I have no issue with birth control, other than the fact that there are people who use it as their golden sex ticket rather than the simple protection it's meant to be.

12. They're going to have sex either way. Shame on you for thinking otherwise. BC just helps to prevent these people from conceiving.

13. The protection against having a child when you have sex...

And really, seriously, what is the difference between a girl using birth control to protect against pregnancy while fucking a new man 5 nights a week and a girl using birth control to protect against pregnancy while fucking the same man 5 nights a week? :p

Either way, they're still using birth control for its intended purpose. I honestly do not understand the problem.
    If you have a problem with whores, then have a problem with whores. But having a problem with whores on birth control seems oddly specific and silly.

14. Seriously? Dude, the reason it's being used doesn't matter as long as the outcome doesn't involve children.

Would you rather your sister have 2 kids?

15. #55 Oathkeeper, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
    I guess I'm putting too much faith into these women I speak of, hoping that they have the common sense to eventually realize that they need to get their lives together. I obviously am not getting through to those taking the time to reply so I'll just leave my view here for now

And I world rather my sister take two seconds to examine her life and realize what she's done to it. She's already had to have an abortion because of her life and yet she still goes out and has sex all the time because she feels like she'd completely protected as long as she keeps up with her birth control. Right idea, wrong reason

16. It's much better that she's out there having sex while using birth control to hopefully prevent pregnancy than to be out there having sex with no protection at all.

Would you have the same issue if she were in a serious relationship and having sex with the same person on a daily basis? :p

Sounds to me like you have a problem with women who sleep around, not a problem with women who use birth control. The two don't have anything to do with each other, other than the fact that women who sleep around and use birth control are more sensible than those who don't.

17. You are close:

I have a problem with women who sleep around simply because the access to birth control let's them do if.

I'm ok with birth control, and pref. with their partner but who am I to judge. Using birth control as protection is fine. Using it as a tool is not fine...

18. And I couldn't care if they were having sex every half hour if there'd in a real relationship

19. #59 Stormy Sea, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but birth control isn't a catch all cure all. there are many side effects to it and sometimes the sugar pill week doesn't even line up with the chick's period.

you cant constantly take birth control, so each packet has 3 weeks of BC pills and 1 week of a placebo. if all things go according to plan, the placebo week lines up with her period.

however, from my experience with birth control, it can do some crazy shit to you. the first time I got on the pill, I followed the instructions (take them at the same time every day, yada yada) to the letter.

Unfortunately, they decided they were going to make me bleed out of my vag for an ENTIRE MONTH. Though my period had just stopped, it started again. When I talked to the doctor, she said to just keep taking them, no worries, it would stop soon and normalize.

It didn't. I have awful periods, complete with cramps and an attitude change that isn't a positive one. i'm usually a pretty chill person, but.. i turned into a total bitch and had to stop taking them. they don't always work as they're advertised. I tried on 2 separate occasions and both times the pills caused me to have abnormal periods and nasty brown spotting (the iron in blood causes it to turn brown as it ages.)

not only that, but they have other, less noticeable side effects. birth control pills convince the body that the woman is CONSTANTLY pregnant. this can change a chick's mindset.

its been shown that on average, women on birth control pills prefer more feminine guys over hairy, masculine, smelly men, where women off of them are the opposite. It's assumed this is because before the girl is pregnant she is looking for the strongest man with the best genes, and afterwards she's looking for emotional support and a guy that would be a good parent.

basically what i'm saying is that birth control has some weird ass effects, some we aren't even aware of yet, and i wouldn't place my trust in it completely. even if it does work exactly as its supposed to, there's always a chance that the chick could still get pregnant.

wear a condom, bro, unless you're willing to take the chance that 9 months from now you get a nice li'l surprise.

man, if a chick wants to sleep around that's her choice, just like if you want to sleep around that's your choice. you have no right to tell a person they're not allowed to fuck. its part of life. animals do it, insects do it, everything does it and don't even try to say they only do it to conceive because that's bullshit. you ever seen a monkey masturbate at the zoo? i don't think he's convinced his fist is going to somehow spit out some children.

you can't tell another person how to live, man. she's the one taking the risks, not you, and you have no right to judge.

20. Do you really know that many women who do this? :confused:

I mean, the women I know who are "promiscuous" would be the same way even if they weren't on birth control, they'd just use condoms instead.

To me, it's sorta like saying that you're okay with seat belts but you hate people who drive around a lot just because they have a seat belt to protect them.