Birth control pills

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Lil mAn, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Has anyone ever used, tried, or anything like this on their plants.all feed back welcome..

2. I haven't but you have to have a prescription for birth control pills. And you have to get a pap smear to get said prescription. And you have to have a vagina to get a pap smear.

If this does work for some reason I have no idea what, you could always try Plan B.

3. They gave my wife them.and word of mouth.u know lol

4. Make sure your wife takes them and profit lol

5. Lol fuck our I'm trying it

6. MJ gender is genetically pre-determined. Using birth control pills is one of several myths about changing MJ plants to females, doesn't work.

7. Lol,

I've heard of prenatal pills or whatever, some hippy guy was telling me " it's everything a baby needs"

Its worth a shot.

8. Dude, human hormones and plant hormones are totally different...

9. I believe the old birth control myth experiment came about when birth control pills were formulated differently many many years back.Some people had all female results and others slightly or fully retarded plants.This seems to be about the same time that the gout medication colcasine was being experimented with to induce polyploidy in plants which was always highly controversial since it is a poison.Some of these plants would display a weird gigantisism with a big leaf little leaf extra chomosome freak that I dont think showed anything except that we can make the plant retarded,not the other way around!

10. Yeah, colchicine is nasty stuff, its illegal now. Oryzalin is what they use now, still nasty, but I guess just not quite as nasty.

I did find this which is interesting: "Together, these data raise the possibility that phytoestrogens act through endogenous receptors in regulating the expression of target genes which may influence the development of female reproductive structures."
    ScienceDirect - Plant Science : Phytoestrogens and floral development in dioecious Maclura pomifera (Raf.) Schneid. and Morus rubra L. (Moraceae)

11. Oh dear - please dont' say that you actually are considering this. I'm not sure that plants would appreciate the extra estrogen and all of the other chemicals that are in birth control pills - that just sounds like a bad idea.

a REALLY bad idea.

I mean, where do people come up with these things? First it's using only water, then it's only using molasses, and then it's using birth control pills? Once I read that someone wanted to use urine for extra nitrogen on thier plants.

Dear god folks, quit being so cheap and buy plant nutrients. Don't just steal your girlfriend's birth control pill. Not only will your plants not benefit, but you just might have troubles with becoming a baby daddy...LOL

12. Lol, I was going post a big of two maple tree seedlings in my backyard. I pissed on one but not the other. The one I pissed on died. I'm guessing the salt in urine is the biggest problem with that idea.

13. Nitrogen overload! When using human urine, which varies depending on diet, in order to get the urea-content (nitrogen) to the correct concentration for seedlings, it's usually diluted by 15 - 20 : (to) 1... meaning a half cup of urine, must be diluted with roughly 7 - 10 cups of water! Using a 10 : 1 urine to water ratio, is recommended for most adult plants. The suggested average NPK of human urine is between 12 - 1 - 3, and 19 - 5 - 5.

14. Haha, I do eat a lot of meat, it's probably a ton of nitrogen!

15. Where did you find that urine fertilizer ratio?

16. You can find colchicine in the juice of crushed crocus bulbs. Seeds can be soaked in the bulb juice or it can be applied to growing tips. Of course these experimental plants should never be consumed after being treated with the toxic crocus bulb juice.

17. Awesome! Well the science part, not actually using it.

Love learning something new!

18. #18 BigBeans, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
    After reading the science direct page I sense that the birth control pill may lean toward causing a male response rather than the other way around and just doesn't seem like it would be worth wasting time on.As far as the crocus bulb Which I forgot to mention,I dont believe that the poison would be in discernable levels in the developoed plant but again I dont think its worth finding out.