Birth control and smoking?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by thisisamerica, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Okay this ones not for me but for my lady, she recently started taking a birth control and the doctor asked her if she smoked marijuana, she only uses every once in awhile unlike me haha, but the question is, is there some side effect in smoking marijuana and being on birth control? Yes asking the doctor would be the smartest thing to do but in all honesty i want the real answer not something my doctor recommends, such as experience from people who take birth control and smoke

God made Greenery & he also made the Scenerey🍁

Marijuana doesn't directly effect any birth control.

The reasons why Doctors ask is because they want to know if you're SMOKING anything.

smoking anything causes blood to thicken and thin out, and birth control + smoking anything is bad for the blood

and may cause adverse reactions. the THC/cbd itself has no effect on the effectiveness of birth control.

as long as she isn't smoking cigs, I suggest she smokes from a vape or glass piece and avoid papers and wraps.

3. This.

-m

4. Well she loves my bong so thank god haha

God made Greenery & he also made the Scenerey🍁

5. #5 Stride420, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
    Her ovaries may explode if she smokes weed while on birth control but alcohol is ok.

6. lots of my friends smoke and are on birth control so I assume it's fine.

I would just watch her for a few months, if she starts to have hormonal or physical changes know that it is the birth control that is doing it to her and not smoking weed as they may try to spin it that way.
    I was on birth control (pill) for about 3 months before I noticed some things. I started having emotional meltdowns that went way beyond the scope of what is normal and they were happening frequently, and I started getting vertigo. I'd head out for work and start walking and get maybe a few feet down the sidewalk and then it would hit me and I could barely stand let alone walk. I went to the doctor and they told me I have Shellshock syndrome and gave me a prescription for Propanolol (A medication they give to people who have had heart attacks!) and told me that this "shellshock" syndrome was causing all my problems.  Shellshock syndrome is a diagnosis they came up with specifically for the vets that were traumatized in the Vietnam War....and I told him that. His retort was that it didn't have to be something as dramatic as war to cause shellshock syndrome and I probably had something traumatic happen to me that I wouldn't admit. OH, and also because I am smoking marijuana that it is also causing these problems.

?!?!?!?

Later on I would discover it was the birth control causing the problems, some women's bodies simply react badly to having their hormones shifted around like that. I went off of the birth control, and a few weeks later I was back to normal. It sucks that he doesn't get his grand finale the way he would want but it comes down to my personal health and safety and that is Capitol. Plus it is no fun being around a crazy bitch, I'm 100% sure he prefers me this way.

She will probably be fine, a lot of women are, but I just wanted to share this with you just incase you do notice some changes. I wish someone had shared it with me back then, it would of saved me having to go through all those doctors visits, meditational experimentation and manic days. 

8. Man up! If your S/O has difficulty with pills, switch to condoms. They can prevent the transfer of flu virus, too.