Birds are intelligent beings

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by greenterror, Feb 17, 2012.

1. I have been noticing recently that birds will fly in front of passing cars, all the time. Happens to me daily. As if they are intentionally showing how close they can fly in front of cars and not get smashed. Craziest thing happened today though, right after hotboxing, rolling down the road. 3-4 birds started following my car, it was amazing because one chirped so constantly I thought my car was making the noise. One bird was just following the side of our car, I saw another dive in front of my car - as I was going 45mph - it must have been a foot away from being struck. They must have followed us for 1000 feet, perhaps they liked the smell?

It's fucking amazing that these creatures can fly so coordinately. Birds are evolving and I believe flying across the road in front of cars is more of a game to them.

:smoke:

2. Lol that happens to me a lot, i always think ima hit one

3. Birds are evolving hypermiling.

p.d. yesterday, a bat almost crashed against my face lol it flew so close to my nose, shit gave me the heebie jeebies.

4. this just happened to me this morning.

i won :smoke:

(there was nothing i could do. im all about saving life.)

-OSUB

5. They thought they were in on the cypher but you passed them up. They were angry and were to peck your fuckin' eyes out because of it.

6. Yeah I think this kinda stuff is really interesting, us humans focus on our own evolution so much that I think sometimes we forget to focus on how other species are evolving around us.

Its also crazy how much these other species are adapting around our behaviors/habitats (not like they have much of a choice lol :p doesn't make it any less interesting)

7. saw thread...wanted to do a quick in and out....on pigeons

pigeons were used in quality control on production lines...experimented with....and they worked better than humans...but the pigeons were fired due to concern on the unemployment thatd be created....

8. Yeah apparently crows can recognize faces and people.. every being is intelligent in it's own way.. after all it made it this far in the Earth's history without being extinct.

9. every animal is smarter than a human.. it's only a matter of humans recognizing this

humans are the only species that are able to bring extinction to the entire planet. i thought the purpose of life was to keep it alive?

10. Yeah, keep friends and companions alive.. ever noticed humans are one of the only few species that kill its own kind when not under direct attack? With a greater perspective, we seem to have an increased sense of threat.

As for the birds.. seagulls are the dumbest of all :laughing:

11. tell that to the countless turkeys my grandparents lost to drowning because they forgot to take their faces out of the water.

12. Maybe they were so unhappy they realized that mass suicide was the only option? Smart turkeys.

13. [quote name='"CKTony"']

Yeah, keep friends and companions alive.. ever noticed humans are one of the only few species that kill its own kind when not under direct attack? With a greater perspective, we seem to have an increased sense of threat.

As for the birds.. seagulls are the dumbest of all :laughing:[/quote]

Da fuck. Other animals attack and kill their own kind all the time..

Human nature is still nature.

14. birds are crazy smart...my room mate just got a conure and hes a fast learner already, african parrots are particularly smart i think

15. I'm not sure if this is true, but the chick that worked at petco told me that birds will attack other retarded birds, just because they're retarded.

16. #18 MaxAmmo, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
    Most intelligent bird would be raven/crow.

Some have surpassed primates in all tests, even dolphins.

Given a test, crows can figure out a puzzle usually on the first try. Chimps have to be trained, as humans. Not only that, they can makeshift a tool using whatever they can.

Chimps can poke sticks at ants, crows can make a hook and use it to pull up objects from jars without training.

Some dude is teaching crows to bring him coins they find, in exchange for a bowl of food every morning if money was brought. GENIUS

17. yeah i saw an episode on tv about the crows finding coins. this is off topic, but octopi? octopusses? octopi. are extremely smart as well, i only mention it because you bring up solving puzzles on a first try, which octopi can do

18. That's what my link is :D