Bird seeds

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by zohaib567, Aug 3, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hi, I am looking to attract the birds in my garden by using the bird feeders. But I am little confused about the bird seeds. What kind of the seeds are good for the birds? I have searched on internet and found some of the best bird seeds, but I really don't know much about them. Please let me know if anybody experienced here who can help me to choose the perfect seeds for the backyard birds. Thank you!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. #2 thun, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    The birds in my area love this seed. I can't keep the feeders full there's so many birds feeding from it. The damn squirrels love it too though and I can't seem to deter them. I might have to buy one of those squirrel proof feeders but they're about a $100. The birds are worth it IMO. Those Cardinals are beautiful songbirds and I love smoking a blunt and listening to their songs in the evenings. And don't forget the Hummingbirds, Four parts water to one part sugar. Bring the water to a boil, add the sugar and when it boils again shut it off and let it cool, then refrigerate. But you have to keep the feeder tubes clean with a mild vinegar solution because a fungus builds up on them and is transferred to the birds bill and eventually kills them. Also if left out for more than a couple of days (3 or 4), it ferments so change it often. Best of luck with your birds. Here's a pic of the seed we buy at Lowes and Ocean State Job Lot.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. After I posted the above, a friend sent me this article about a disease killing birds across the country. And although there are no known cases in my area, officials are still asking to refrain from using feeders for a while so I think I'll bring mine in until more is known.

Officials: No evidence of mysterious bird disease in Mass.

4. Go my way and learn pizza making or bread making,
    each mistake you make just gets those birds going
    I chuck all the wrecks to the lawn ....lol

5. My chickens eat on Flock Blocks. Loads of different seeds pressed together in a big square. All the local wildlife eats right along with them.