Bipartisan Roll Call

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Spliffin Bowls, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Hey guys,

I just realized a lot of the reason we got snubbed on change.gov and change.org is Obama is wisely transitioning from being a super liberal to a moderate in order to effectively govern.

It's time to make this a Republican issue too. If you happen to be one, good job, so am I. If you're a Liberal Democrat, that's perfect too. Here's what we can all do:

Write your local republican leaders, be it your representative, senator, or just the party itself. If you're in a blue state they're more likely to listen to less people because they're looking for whatever they can do to compete, but if you're like me in a red state, most everyone is republican and doesn't like this idea.

How do you win the Republicans over?

Money. Focus your letter on the economy, the fact pot is a black market industry estimated to make over 10 billion a year by fox news, remind them that when FDR legalized beer it created 600,000 jobs in the first few months, one of the only successes in the new deal the GOP might recognize. Remind them that they are trying to win America back, and the best way they can do it is listen to those conservatives who did support these ideas on change.org/gov and got snubbed by Obama.

Make this an appealing issue for both parties to support, and i'm not talking about the rejects, we need the big time conservatives to back us up, and the only way to do that is spit the economic numbers.

Thanks for reading and sharing ideas on legalization..atleast we've evolved not only as a country, but the world, to freely discuss making legal that which is illegal without fear of repercussion.

2. if marijuana was legalised it would be a huge blow to the drug companies, and they dont want that, so they do everything in their power to stop it from happening, like lending politicians their private jets, giving them cars etc etc...

they have well over 1000 lobbyists in dc constantly hounding politicians telling them not to support this, even tho they know damn well its harmless, they have to try to convince people its dangerous because of the inherent corruption of the monetary system.

all the big drug companies are publicly traded and that means they have one goal only, to increase profits no matter what. they have more power than any company should have ever and in a system where theyre forced into evil basically, the people suffer.

its shocking seeing some of the drug commercials, like the bayer low dose asprin ones, my god they want u taking a drug every day for the rest of your life even before u have a disease now, its sick. i beleve alot of major diseases would be cured if it was in the best interests of the drug companies to cure them but instead they get u on a drug for the rest of your life, but theyre forced into not caring about the human race basically, if they try to help they will go to jail its literally illegal for them to do anything other than increase profits. of coarse they cant always do that but they have to try is the point.

so now that everyone sees the kind of evil we are up against we have to somehow convince politicians that they need to do whats right for the people and not just accept bribes(because thats basically what theyre doing atm). obama is no different, im sure he has already had plenty of lobbyists from drug companies offer him different things, like vacation or a new car or some other big ticket item. i just hope he dosent cave in like so many others before him(if he hasent already). ive sent plenty of emails to republicans talking about things like this and im yet to get a response, witch is pretty funny if u ask me.

it was made illegal because of racism and other factors but this is probably the main reason it continues to be illegal. some of these companies make more money than alot of countries do. we are truly fighting the world.

please contact your reps people try to convince them not to accept these blatant bribes and not to buy into all the propaganda. beg them to use logic and rational thinking to see beyond the mind numbing propaganda that has been pumped into them for all their life.

3. In my opinion we need to also focus on the greatest harm caused by the prohibition; the ongoing deaths and dismemberments of thousands of innocent people in Mexico.

Last year more than 5,500 people were killed, beheaded and soaked in baths of acid. This is happening TODAY with even more people expected to die this year than last.

It was the gangster's violence that prompted people to end the alcohol prohibition in 1933, and the ONLY reason people aren't screaming about these deaths today is because they're occurring in a foreign country.

We need to bring them into the spotlight and make people understand that they are a DIRECT result of the prohibition.
    [FONT=&quot]It would not have been logical in 1932 for people to have regarded Al Capone as a ruthless killer but to not have connected his actions to the prohibition on alcohol, and we must make it equally clear today that these brutal murders that are being committed as we speak are a DIRECT consequence of OUR prohibition.

[/FONT]
    Sometimes it seems like the government's made a deal with the cartels; the cartels won't set up over here as long as we don't legalize marijuana. Please tell me I'm wrong! :(

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

4. Also, these gangs aren't targeting civilians, they are after IMPORTANT people. That means one of these reps could end up getting their head chopped off for being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

5. Deaths are happening here too. Ecstacy and Cocaine are a huge part of "Gangster" related deaths in all parts of the east coast. More cocaine is flowing in Florida than Columbia (Not really, exagerating some).

In the 30's tons of alcohol was being brought into the country by the Italian Mafia. From Canada.

I have news for you Amsterdamage, the cartels are here, and the US is allowing them to bring in cocaine. Do you really think with the tons of coke being brought in, our government doesnt know about it?

There are billions of US dollars going to Ilegal drugs where US is getting a cut.

The problem is, Marijuana isnt valuble to these Ilegal smugglers, Marijuana has a max price of say 300 a quarter, where cocaine can range from 50 a gram to 200 a gram.

Pounds of Coke is worth over 100,000 atleast.

To this day, I dont know why MJ isnt legal, its basically a non profit drug when it comes to alot of money.