Bio bizz soil no longer available in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bcheese1, Feb 2, 2012.

1. I just went to the hydro store for some bio bizz all mix to start my seeds in, and the guy says the goverment came in and quarantined it saying there is something bad in the earth worm castings. that it is no longer available to the U.S. . kinda sucks thats what i always use.

2. You are lucky to have many other good alternatives. You could replace Biobizz(which i personally use with not so good results)with Fox Farms Ocean Forest or something similar and i am sure your babies would not complain;)(at least that's what i have read many times in these forums,me i have never used it). When you say bad could you please be more specific?

3. He didnt say exactly what they said was wrong with it, just that they came in the store pulled it all off the shelfs and said it was no longer available.( I think its just the all mix soil not the seed starter or coco that they sell.) He said there was a bacteria or something in the earth worm castings. I havent been able to find anything about it on the internet so I dont know whatsup with it.

4. From Biobizz themselves.
    Unfortunately it is true. There is not a problem with the worm casting in the soil, it is clean and 100% organic, but there are some other burocratic laws we need to comply to. Our staff is working together with the USDA to set things straight and we can expect our Allmix to enter the country again soon.

Best regards and our apologies for the inconvenience!

So they just didnt disclose everything in the soil to the government is what im thinking. Just like the problem advanced is having getting there ph perfect nutes in the U.S.

What i dont really understand is how a soil is being pulled because of a labeling issue most likely, but gravity that everybody knows is bad is still front and center at the shops around here it doesnt make sense.