BillyGoat's Continuous Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BillyGoatGruff, Apr 6, 2011.

1. #1 BillyGoatGruff, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
    Setup: I've changed a small bedroom (approx. 2.5mx2m) into a grow room. There are 4 tents set-up.

A HomeBox Clonebox: which I'll use for seedlings, clones and early stages of vegging. Lighting, 8 tube T5.

A HomeBox Twin: Upper section for later vegging and Mothers - lighting 4 tube T5, Lower section for 8 plants in Bloom using 8 pot Wilma - lighting 600wHPS in air cooled Super Sun 2.

DR80: 4 plants using 4 pot Wilma - lighting 400w HPS air cooled Super Sun 2.

DS60: used as a drying tent

At the moment I've got 4 Charas seedlings 10 days old, 4 Big Bud seedlings 5 days old & 6 White WidowxBig Bud Clones about 3 days old.

I'm aiming to have 3 mothers producing sufficient clones to have a continuous grow harvesting 4 plants every 3-4 weeks - possibly growing under a scrog.

At the moment I'm using Formulex for the seedlings and CandianExpress Nutes for the Veg & Bloom, though I'm possibly going to use Ionic Nutes when the CanEx runs out. Growing medium Coco and Perlite - and I forgot to say that most of the grow will be using Airpots - starting with 1 litre - then up to 3 & 6 litre pots.

Attached Files:

2. More thumbnails - showing plants:

Attached Files:

3. Quick update. 2 Charas seedlings re-potted into 1 litre Airpots. All four Big Bud seeds repotted into 6 cm pots as root cubes starting to get too wet in propagator.

Attached Files:

4. Ha! look @ all those tents :smoke:

5. Keeps things nice, simple & flexible if I decide to move out to the workshop/shed. Though, perhaps I should call it 'The Encampment' rather than the 'Hobby Room'!

6. Three Charas now in 1 litre Air Pots and doing really well, the fourth is looking very sickly and will get the chop if it hasn't perked-up by the end of the week.

Two Big Buds doing well and will be re-potted into Airpots later this week. They're a bit leggy at the moment - should've moved them closer to the light sooner - but they're progressing fine. The other two are back in the heated propagator with the clones - still to 'sprout'.

Clones appear to be doing well - no sign of wilting at all - so keeping fingers crossed.

Attached Files:

7. I love air pots, they are so cool. Badass lookin' things.

8. Sorted wheat from chaf today. Now have 3 x Charas, 2 x Big Bud & 2 x White WidowxBig Bud Clones in 1 litre Airpots. Hoping that one of the clones will become a Mother - meanwhile, going to germinate some more seeds this evening.

Attached Files:

9. Update from Gruff Towers.

Three Charas doing well, now nearly four weeks from germination.

Two Big Bud also coming on nicely, they're nearly three weeks from germination. One of the clones has died but the other is stating to produce fresh leaf growth tho I doubt I'll let her flower as Mother has hermied, just growing her on for the experience!

The tray of small pots is NannyGoatGruff's little grow - she's growing on veg/fruit for the garden/new allotment plus aubergines, peppers and tomatoes which will probably be grown here in the 'encampment'!

Attached Files:

10. #10 BillyGoatGruff, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011
    Busy morning here at Gruff Towers.

Re-potted 3 Charas, 2 Big Bud & White WidowxBig Bud clone into 3 litre airpots. First photos below show root structure - that's why I love air pots. They've been moved out of the CloneBox into the upper part of the HomeBox Twin to complete vegging. Will take some cuttings next week-end and see if I can crack cloning..

2 Unknown variety have now germinated and sprouted first leaves - think I'll refer to these as Burkhas - as I don't know what they are!

Also got another 7 seeds germinating in water ready to be potted this evening.

Finally, NannyGoatGruff's veg going crazy - especially the Belotti Beans - remind me of Triffids!

Attached Files:

11. lookin gud gruff, purty roots

12. Little crowded in the 'Encampment' this afternoon - NannyGoatGruff sorted out her seeds and potted some up to go out into the garden.

7 seeds geminated last weekend all now got first set of true leaves.

2 Burkhas also progressing nicely now they're in the 1 litre airpots.

3 Charas, 2 Big Bud & White WidowxBig Bud clone all bushing-up. They've really taken off since transplanting into 3 litre airpots last weekend - roots already coming out of the bases. I'm going to take some clones during the week (once NGG has removed some of her plants). Three of them should be ready to switch tents and start 12x12 within 2-3 weeks.

Attached Files:

13. Update from Gruff Towers:

All 7 seedlings re-potted into 1 litre Airpots.

2 Burkha will be ready to pot up to 3 litre Airpots next week

20 cuttings taken from 3 Charas & 2 Big Bud plants, they'll be ready to pot up to 6 litre Airpots in next few days and 3x Charas due to start on 12/12 next weekend.

14. Busy morning: 2 of the 3 Charas now potted-up to 6 litre Air pots (see root structure below). All three Charas now on 12/12 with 600w HPS in the lower section of the HB Twin

I've left one of the Charas in the 3 litre Air pot as I think it could be a male, but if it isn't I'd like to compare its growth against those I've re-potted...

Attached Files:

15. Meanwhile... All 7 seedlings doing nicely since put into 1 litre Airpots. 2 Burkhas now in 3 litre Airpots.

2 Big Buds & He/She Clone all doing nicely and will be put onto 12/12 next week.

20 cuttings taken last weekend seem to be doing OK - they're in Coco Coir plugs and placed in containers under larger plants so that they get 'dappled' light.

Attached Files:

16. Quick update: Killed off three plants and their clones this weekend as they were males.
    Two remaining females and 'hermie' clone from this batch now on 12/12!

17. 3 Females now on 12/12 - 1x Charas, 1xBB & WWxBB Clone - they'll move over to DR80 once I've finished harvest on WWxBB and cleaned tent.

Clones, 2x Burkhas and 7 seedlings/plants all coming on nicely - NannyGoatGruff's seedlings also moving out this coming weekend as I need to pot-up the clones.

Attached Files:

18. Busy afternoon after yesterday's harvest @ Gruff Towers:

8 cuttings/clones (4 x Charas & 4 x Big Bud) now potted in 1 litre airpots, most seem to have good strong roots starting to show.

The 7 plants ( 4 x White WidowxBig Bud, 1 x Charas & 2 x Big Bud) in 1 litre airpots have now been potted-up to 3 litre air pots.

The two unknowns (Burkhas) have been moved into top section of HB Twin to free-up space in the CloneBox and let them grow on.

3 plants (Big Bud, Charas & WWxBB clone) all doing fine, WWxBB clone ws potted-up to 6 litre airpot. These three plants will be moved into DR80 next weekend once it has been thoroughly cleaned.

Oh and NannyGoatGruff's plants (Aubergine, Peppers, Tomatoes, Basil & Celeriac) all doing well!

Attached Files: