Billy Mays death apparently caused by cocaine

Discussion in 'General' started by Deleted member 95373, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Cocaine killed TV pitchman Billy Mays, autopsy finds

Ya except not. I hate shit like this, it says he used it in the days before he died. These fuckers need to learn the difference between just using it and it being a large contributing factor to his death. Hell it didn't even show up on the initial autopsy, they had to have a toxicology screen to find it.

2. He already had heart disease, the coke could have very well been a contributing factor, even if it was a few days prior.

3. I was in the car with my dad when the report came out. After my dad gave me a lecture on how bad coke is for you. Lol

4. Hi billy mays here for cocaine! Ever want to just jump out of bed in the morning and be ready to go? Tired of staining your teeth with coffee? Then get ready to try this columbian treat. For three easy payments of 19.99 you too can get the best powder money can buy! But wait, there's more! Order now and i'll throw in an early death at age 50 absolute free! Order now

5. Yes, a drug that massively increases ones heart rate had nothing to do with a heart attack.

Sarcasm aside, it very well could have been a pre-existing condition, but it's also just as likely the coke was at least partially responsible.

6. he was always my favorite infomercial guy. fuck that sham wow guy.

7. rofl, the first sentence made me lose it :p

8. nicee

9. mays' was a true american hero imo

10. #10 xlikelocusts, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
    Hi... billy mays here or am I? Are any of us real here? Wow man I am blowing my mind right now!! um yeah mays for cheeto- er I mean cannabis. Smoke that shit, it calms even my ass down.

11. Hi Billy Mays here for Death.Tired of life? try death!if you call within the next 10 minutes you can buy 3 death's for 3 low payments of 35.95

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo4LPpeAvTE]YouTube - cocain is a hell of a drug rick james[/ame]

13. All I'm saying is if you ate a burger and died of a heart attack three days later, you would be considered a victim of heart disease possibly caused by a high cholesterol diet. No one would be yelling that the burger did it.

It says he did it days before his heart attack. Could use of cocaine over his days contributed to his heart issues? Probably. Does that mean it's the cause of his death? Not IMO especially considering he suffered from heart disease already.

14. :hello:

15. Should've been in all caps, since the fucker was always yelling :D

16. Eating a burger doesn't immediately put strain on your heart like coke does.

While in high school, one of my knees had a torn meniscus. I was doing light jogging during football practice, doing passing routes, when all of a sudden my knee popped and I couldn't put any weight on it. It wasn't that what I was doing right then caused it, it was caused by having squatted a whole hell of a lot of weight a few days prior in a weightlifting tournament. It weakened the meniscus, and whatever else I did after that just built up to it rupturing. Same idea with Billy and his heart.

For all we know his heart was already hurting from the existing condition, the cocaine made it worse and could have just been the straw that broke the camel's back. Or he just banged his wife and the combo of all three caused his heart to fail. Bottom line, the coke sure as fuck didn't help the guy's heart, so to completely disregard it as a cause or contributing factor is a bit delusional. I loved Billy as much as anyone else, and it makes me sad that they've found this, but I'm not going to sit here and try to pretend that the coke was oh-so-harmless

17. Well its not surprising. Can anyone here muster up THAT much energy for a cleaning product without coke?

18. Man no wonder he was always so fucking loud and upbeat and shit. He was on coke during every one of his commercials!

19. That was my first reaction.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't hopped up coke all the time.