Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by darklight99, Feb 5, 2014.

I recommend the book "The greatest show on Earth" by Richard Dawkins

He lays it out in a very concise way and gives lots of fun examples of how evolution works along the way

2. Lol i wounder how many actually watched the whole 2:45 vid.

3. But the air doesn't give you years, but rather isotopic ratios which you compare with known curves. Not so much counting being done as looking for correlations.

I know this has been discussed but you seem skeptical. I also want to work through the logic so I better understand, so here goes.

Snowfall in the arctic creates a layered glacier; you got loose shit at the top which with depth seals in the air bubble as the snow compacts to ice. This frozen is what is preserved. It is deep down.

In warmer times you can suppose the glacial ice sheet changes composition, slightly. However, this is the antarctic. Its REALLY cold. There is no wide-spread melting. During the day a little melting is done due to direct exposure to the sun (very little sunlight except in spring/summer). This water runs down the pores in the loose snow/ice until it hits the really compacted area - it solidifies here, creating a boundary layer in between last years ice accumulation and the next. This is a VERY thin, imperceptible layer from one day - it takes all season to build up the visible layering found in the ice cores.

If anyone knows better, please do tell - I'm unsure of this and kinda wanna know now, haha. I'll ask my prof tomorrow concerning the ice cores and where the curves came from that are used to date the gasses within.

There is a

4. Hey guys, I have this one book with all of the answers in it.

You just gotta believe.

Psssh, you have a whole planet of evidence to prove me wrong???
    Nuh-Uh!

5. #45 smokehound, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
    I really REALLY fucking hate that term. "Evolutionists"?  There's no such fucking thing.

First of all, evolution is not philosophy.  It is biology, and had physical real-time evidence backing it up.

You obviously have no idea what a "theory" is in the scientific sense.  This pisses me off.

I would disagree on the part where you stated "theories lead to nothing". Theories lead to answers. Without theories, we wouldn't have the easy access to the information age or the innovation of a smartphone.

7. How can anyone say theories lead to nothing, while using the technology that was the result  of ground breaking scientific theories.

8.  Bill nye scored with hot bitches.

Ken Ham scored with...  ..probably his immediate family. CHECKMATE, MUSLIMS!

9. If you wanna know where Ken Ham's agenda leads...

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2014/01/creationism_in_texas_public_schools_undermining_the_charter_movement.single.html

10. #50 darklight99, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014

Shaking my head... I bet when those kids go to college, they're going to fail science. I feel Ken Ham agenda leads to a dead end. Leaving us to feel, "Why question at all... Just believe in a higher being as your answer to all questions."

The downfall of Charter Schools is they are for-profit. Money talks. Anything For-profit usually lingers the the idea of greed and corruption... Art Institute is one for example, suckering low income students on a dream.

11. When your shitbag creation "science" museum is failing and in debt what do you do??

1.) Build a zipline
    Check.
    2.) Charge a fee to listen to a debate about your supposed gods magical creation.
    Check

$$$$$$$$ bitches

12. Watched the whole thing twice. Ken Ham just went full retard, never go full retard.
    Ken doesn't deserve to be considered a scientist.

13. #54 iAmBetty, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
    That's what I'm thinking too.

15. I'd say Ham's agenda more-so concerns little children or small animals, and "jesus".  

It's entirely up to you what that means.  Have fun!