Bill for marijuana legalization fails in New York state.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Didactylos, Jun 20, 2019.

1. According to the New York Times, a bill to legalize marijuana has fallen in New York state due to disagreements over the industry regulation. Governor Cuomo vows to fight on.

You can read the article here.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. NY is currently run by communists. glad i got out when i did.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Home to communist institutions like Wall Street, the Dow Jones Stock Exchange and Trump Tower, New York failed to pass a bill legalizing marijuana in that state. Comrade Cuomo vowed to fight on.

4. It failed because of the left's campaign against the bill. There was a thread about this the other day that illustrates the problem.
    Who is the man behind the curtain?

5. Being from NJ this was all very familiar to watch...We finally just got out medical expansion bill passed yesterday, just need our governor to sign it now.

6. Let’s hope it’s just a rock in the path to success. :weed:

7. I thought the left was for pot legalization?

8. Overall the left is for legalization but some of them have other agendas and would have rather seen the bill fail if they didn't get everything they wanted. They were arguing over what to do with the profit and expungement of prior cannabis convictions. These days most Republicans are also in favor of legalization.

• Like Like x 1
  9. When they fear being voted out they'll wise up
    Also the tax revenue is hard to ignore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Every state and every vote is vital but New York would be a huge boost to this effort. With all of that media there competing, it would get major exposure. Just my opine of course..