Bike Riding?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by IGOTJOINTS4YA, Oct 1, 2008.

1. I just invested 350$ into a bike.

I go to school and work near my home, so a bike was much needed, last time I filled up both tanks in my truck it cost me 100$ so I said fuck it.

Here is the Bike I bought, any other dailey riders on GC?

Attached Files:

2. Yup. The lack of a car atm and the prices of gas. I bike all day long.

Keeps you in good shape too I will vouch for that ;)

3. Yea, i sold my car before gas got over 2.50 a gallon.
    I now ride these, ones a gary fisher mountain bike, shimano oil breaks, tora rockshocks, and a light frame, had to slap some kevlar tires on it though, the stock ones only lasted 6 months.
    Fixed a neighbors computer yesterday and she gave me the street bike on the right. Its a motobecane mirage. Took off about 6 pounts of junk on it, and now they both weigh about 25 pounds.
    Also removed a ton of dust, and grease from the becane as she says its been in her storage for over 20 years. I assumed the tires would need repair but they held air as I took her out last night for her maiden ride after a couple hours work. Brakes still need adjusting but she rides great.
    Riding every day is really good for you, its also good to know what to eat before and after you ride to give your muscles energy before, and repair after.
    Kudos for helping the planet!

Attached Files:

4. Def. I ride to work and school 4 days a week and usually ride the other days as well or walk whenever possible

5. Also...cycling blazed is awesome, especially down hills or perhaps make a day of it and find some woods to cycle through. And of course it'll save you cash and keep you fit in daily sober use :)

6. Nice bikes are fucking expensive though, this one was the price of a really cheap car...

economics seem fucked up to me in that regard, regardless, the cash saved in my gas tank will more than make up for it, good thing it will be a warm winter and I live in Florida. I couldn't stand riding in the colder months that long.

7. i honestly have a baby blue beach cruiser
    it sucks on hills but its a comfortable ride. i rode it to work for like a year, then the place closed down. good times though

8. I usually ride my dads bike, its a beach cruiser, its the best (because of the big ass seat...all bikes should have big seats..)

I wouldn't mind getting some kind of really light bike, thats fast, and durable..any suggestions? jw

btw I love just riding around town, and listening to my mp3 player....usually when I do that is when i'm going to pick up bud...but now I do'nt smoke..so no more adventures

9. [​IMG]

10. I have one like this in red, it is from the 70's and needs major repairs. I love it, just the bike is through it's days, plus I needed something more urban.

11. yea im about to be goijng on a bike tour. i got a few bikes

12. I only ride this to my classes three times a week, the other two days I have to bring a big old drawing board and stuff, so I drive.

My bike looks like this, but this isn't my bike. I'll take some pictures later. *I want to paint mine flat black :cool:

[​IMG]

13. that bike is dope, real old school european looking.

14. i mtb not really bmx anymore. i have an xl 20" Specialized fatboy race bike thats kind of converted for jumping with animal tires and grips, diamondback bmx seat, haro slimbars.

now i just ride my Specialized Hardrock mountain bike its amazing. i loce specialized.

15. ive been getting into MTB racing lately.
    I love biking. (while high, it feels like im flying.)

16. yeah mon! been racing 25 yrs and just moved to Colorado for the riding/racing - boulder is incredible and the racing history here goes back decades. lots of bikes accumulated over the years, just ordered new frame (pic) for this season...

any other cyclists in CO? Love to blaze and ride, esp. in the mountians...

Attached Files:

17. I bought a BMX (Haro Dave Mirra 540) off Craigslist during the summer, to ride with my daughter and to ride to my friends house and the corner store in my neighborhood. I love it! Use it all the time. I even rode it in the snow last few days.

Nothing like the quick acceleration capability of a bmx, thanks to the lite weight and gearing. Its great for getting me around the hood, 5x faster than walking, and more fun!

18. Biking is my fav sport. Ive never been high on one though- don't you get really tired, or no?

19. Tired? No I woulldn't say that. I've been racing (road) for 25 years and love to toke up before a long ride, especially up in the mountains. If anything I feel more energized. Once in a while I would hit the dugout (one-hitter) before a race (if it wasn't too important a race) and it definitely helps take the edge off the pain, or maybe it just makes it easier to go to "that other place" when the pain comes. Also fun with to spark one up before a ride with friends...

but of course, that's just my experience - YMMV