bigger rims=better gas milage?

Discussion in 'General' started by derek9011, Sep 21, 2005.

1. i heard that if you put bigger rims on your car you get better gas milage, does anyone know if this is true?

2. Depends on what they're made of. Bling bling can reduce your mileage because of increased weight. The larger the wheel the larger contact patch is with the ground. You also increase the rotating mass on the corners. You'll also see less brake life.

3. If you increase the radius if your tire, then each revolution = more linear motion. So I guess from that point of view you can if the overall diameter of the tire is larger (not just the rims). I don't do car mods so I don't know anything other than that.

4. You'd be surprised how fast your gas prices will jump up after investing in some dubs. And as Indy said, you'll be paying extra in brake pads.

5. why waste your money on rims when you could by gas and other things?

6. because some people have the money to waste.

Why spend like $500 a month on weed when u could do something else with it?

... because you want to.

ANYWAY! If you get some shoes that are like 20's or up, you will be payin more in gas, simple as that. But usually the people with rims have money for gas. I stay with the stock boys, and keep puttin in $5 at a time lmao

7. no if they have some shitty little car from the 80's and then put some 22's on it. which reminds me, one time i was drivin with my dad and there was an astro van with chrome rims. some people :rolleyes: and i dont spend 500 a month on weed

8. i wasnt really pointin it towards you. lol i meant in general...

shit i know people who spend like $1000 on weed a month.

...and their car stays on E

9. Cost of changin out your rims an tires for "dubs"....isnt really worth any miniscule saving you might see at the pump...

now if.you drive the vehicle for say.....15 years...an NEVER replace the rubber....youy might get back your investment ....but we know that aint gonna happen....

The ol man always said to me......If you cant afford the gas...you cant afford the car.

true 30 years ago....true today......tho now it includes after market upgrades.

Now customizing your ride....the only way to do it an feel good is dont keep score...

if you have a price list of every thing you do, an judge your car by that.....then you no longer have a fun time with it....you have an ongoing money pit....and it never seems finished..

10. all right, its cool. i wasn't stoned then. i am now :smoke:

11. DR never means no harm. Usually you'll increase weight with those fancy rims and tires, so you won't be saving that much, if any.