Bigger Buds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by need2eat, Aug 25, 2010.

1. I have a one plant in a tub outside, Lots of little buds . Is there anything I can do to make the buds longer and fatter? I'm useing fish firt. when I feed.:confused_2:

2. If you tie them all down where the tops are at the same height, then all of them will get bigger, for one because they all get more light, and also, because the plant determines which bud to make biggest based on how high it is on the plant. If you make em all even, then they all get bigger. throw a piece of chicken wire over those fuckers and pull one through each hole. Rig it up however. Tie the biggest ones down. Something.....

3. TNX, I have her tied up pretty well already, It's my first attempt and I guess I'm just too worried, I gotta do some more reading so I get "tastey" insead of "hay":wave:

4. Another thing is that you want to make sure the nutes you're feeding them in flower are higher in P and K than in N.

Too much nitrogen = loose buds. More potassium and phosphorous = denser buds.

The sweet flavor you're looking for will come after the harvest. You wanna watch those bitches every day when they get close to the chop so you can wait till the last minute when they start pumping those sacs full of resin. That way you get the chunky popcorn that looks like it has seeds but doesnt, (those seed pods will fill with resin before they try and make seeds, THAT's when you wanna chop. When they swell up nice and fat.

THEN, you gotta let em dry slow. The slower the dry the better. I left my last ones hanging till the stems would ALMOST snap, but not totally, then dried em the rest of the way in jars.

The stuff I smoked the first week was harsh and tasted a bit like plant, the stuff I'm smoking today is sugary and crumbly and makes my fingers sticky, even though it's bone dry. Smells amazing.

Check out a product called liquid kool bloom. It's like 0-10-10. Great for fat buds.

5. Great info, I'm also new to this networking crap so it took me a while just to figure out how to get back to see your reply, Lost my specs too so haveing trouble reading. I'll defenitly start 'em on the right nutes and watch 'em close, thnx again :D

6. Big Bud from advanced nutrients... look at my harvest.... buds bigger than water bottles

7. Assuming your grow medium is optimum and it gets plenty of sun, flower production is determined by genetics. You can dump every vendor supplement in the world on it, spend time with various methods of tying it down and while that may make you happy and optimistic, its still dependent on genetics.

The outdoor season still has a ways to go for maturity and harvest, be patient.

8. Does size/width of the stems also play a factor in the size of the buds?

9. I used FF trio nutes with good results for bag seed , buds are forming nice ,waiting for FF Cha Ching to arrive for finishing up:)

10. No, size of the stems does not matter at all. With that it just means the plant is stronger than one with smaller stems. Hell, I've seen plants with bigger stems yield less than with smaller ones. It just all depends on genetics like the guy above said. There's really nothing you can do besides feed her with a recommended amount of nutrients and wait. Plus the amount of sunlight you are getting plays a bigger role.

11. There are nutes like the FF Cha-ching mentioned above you can give them. I'm giving mine Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, and Cha-Ching right now. I also just bought some molasses last night to start adding in to the mix as well.