Bigger bucket bigger yield??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by vdoe, Oct 29, 2008.

1. If i use a 5 gallon bucket instead of a 2 gallon bucket to grow will this produce bigger yields or jus take up more space?

p.s.- which has bigger yields? light of jah, train wreck big bud or 2 pounder?

2. Both. they will take up more space, but could also potentially increase your yield. Obviously the bigger the root system, the bigger the plant can be. And, in theory, the bigger the plant the greater the yield. Of course there are lots of other factors.

Slowly work your way up to that container size though. You probably don't want to start out in 5 gallon buckets.

3. I would say they are all probably in the 500-700 grams / m2 range. Of course this is under ideal conditions and care.

Good luck.

4. for a long time i have been using two gallon bags to finish in. Im only getting around an ounce per plant and some of them are high yeilders. Id like to get around 4 ounces per plant , so this time im growing taller plants and using 5 gallon bags i have the same amount of light but fewer plants. Anybody think this is going to work???

5. I just ordered some Swiss Cheese seeds I went to the hydro store and picked up nutrients, p.h kit, soil, pots to transition them into 45 gallon buckets, a 125 watt light to germinate the seeds and they will be going outside after they are three weeks. Does any experienced growers have any advice on how to maximize the amount ill get from this grow. This is my first grow ever.

6. Training. Low stress training and topping is what I do. Google LST cannabis

7. #7 killset, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    Bigger container, more training, longer veg.....and getting your environment and feeding in check doesn't hurt either.
    I LST and scrog. For me scrog is king but LST is a very close 2nd IMO. Doing some form of training is the best way to increase yield. Taller plants doesn't mean much if the bottom bud sites aren't getting much light. Get those top bud sites pulled down and let the bottom sites get to the top for a nice even canopy canopy.