Bigger Bong = Bigger Buzz?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by GrandmasBoy420, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Is this true or just a myth? I mean, the only reason that's obvious to me is that you can inhale MUCH more smoke than a regular sized bong, but can you even clear the big ones in one hit anyways?

2. It's true.

3. You nailed it... Essentially, bigger hit=bigger buzz. Bong doesn't mean much if you're not ripping it.

4. A bigger bong = More smoke per hit. And Personally I can clear huge hits but some people prefer 10 small pipe rips to 1 huge bong rip.

5. Yeah, I just bought my first bong a month ago, it's pretty sick, and it's pretty good size, but I haven't really been able to compare cause i've never hit a 3 footer or w/e.

Guess it's just more smoke = more high then lol

6. i have to disagree with this one. Im no expert, but the way i look at it is like this: A piece of weed is only going to produce so much smoke, meaning more weed= more smoke. mIm kinda lost on how to word it but yeah. A bowl packed with .3 of bud and smoked out of a 1 foot bong is going to produce the same amount of smoke if it were smoked out of a 3 footer.

7. Hmm... ya this makes more sense..

8. I can attest to bigger hits get you more stoned...ive been hitting my straight bong for months, i got a a/c for it and the hits are hugeee now. you can pack more/torch more with the volume inside the tube.

9. i agree.......a bigger bong is going to get you high in less (full)hits than a small bong...but maybe it's the larger hit from the larger bong all hitting you at once that gives you a "bigger buzz"

10. had arguement over this with someone hes like smaller bong = bigger rip

im like no bigger bongs have more space so more smoke = bigger

he kept arguing so i said w/e dude...

11. I'd say it completely depends on the toker's tolerance. I mean, I can rip a pipe HARD and get a ton of smoke. I can (don't, it kinda hurts) smoke a pipe in maybe 3, 4 hits? Bong... same thing. (bowl= ~.4 grams).

That being said, I also believe that a pipe wastes a little more weed than a bong. Think of all the plumes of smoke that swirl and curl off of your piece when you hand it to your buddy. Same thing with bongs, but usually a bowl is smoked faster (IMO).

Just my .02

12. I personally think it all has to do with how long you hold it in for and let it absorb into your body

Most times on a huge b if you clear it your lungs will try to push it out as soon as it gets in.. id rather have a half milked b and hold it in for 10 seconds then a full milked shot and imediatly exhale

plus it feels cool having a ton of smoke just dancing in your lungs haha

13. i like roping my bong. its smaller for carrying around but as long as i keep sucking the weed keeps burning and the smoke keeps going into my lungs.

14. What did that have to do with anything?

[​IMG]

15. yeah i milked a 1000ml ehle earlier today..it fucked me up. so yes that is true

16. Actually, a bigger bong will produce a smaller hit than a smaller bong. First you have to clear the giant bong of air, then inhale smoke.

a 250ml EHLe has 250ml of air, plus however much smoke you take in, so if you can get 2000ml of smoke in your lungs, you just got a 1750ml hit. If you take a 1000ml EHLE and hit it, you will only get 1000ml of smoke into your lungs because you had to inhale 1000ml of air.

Smaller bong will actually equal bigger hits.

17. unless you fail to account for the fact that you can't measure a gas with liquid volume measurements. Density and pressure would affect it, as well as temperature of the burning material and how fast you drew it in.

Think about it, is every milked bong hit as lung choking as the next?

18. I've got a 100ml Ehle coming so I immediately thought no but after considering for a while I think so and here's why: With a big bong you have to take a big hit and there's almost no way out. You could achieve the same hit with a dinky bong but since it goes against what our lungs want we usually stop before we get there. Concentration and commitment is all that separates a small bong from a large one.

19. #19 glassgenius, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2010
    QFT

also, with a bigass bong you have to milk it foreverrrr then start to clear it right when you first start getting smoke and cough mid-clear, almost throw up, then fight with yourself to clear the bong of stale smoke

with a smaller bong, you can just milk it....keep milking it.....continue to milk it until you decide you're done, lift the bowl, instaclear and exhale

here's a video i have to help demonstrate what I said. notice the difference in how the hit and clear goes when i milk the zong with a pretty large capacity (the 'biggest' bong i had, imagine the kinks streched out plus the huge bell) vs my tiny lostin.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/9680803"]Untitled on Vimeo[/ame]

20. Except for the fact that a liter isn't a liquid measurement, it is a volume measurement. If you are going to try to argue, know the subject. Go back to chemistry class. Also, the rest of those things are variables, and most people hit a bong the same nearly every time, it is there style. So they will get an almost identical situation with different bongs when lighting, such as amount of pulling force and how they light it.:p