Big Plant

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by blanchdave, Jan 30, 2008.

1. This is my 1st journal and 1st grow,, i decided to start a journal about this plant cos its kinda big and just thought u guys might be interested to see how she goes :D

She originally sprouted (in soil) on 5th november and was vegged using 4x 36w fluro tubes, each 4ft long.
    After 3 weeks start feeding her "Canna Bio Vega 100% organic" balanced to 6.5ph.
    On 4th of Jan i topped her, a bit late but i only learnt about topping then.

Because of limited space in my flowering closet i had no choice but to let her keep vegging until 22nd jan.
    Since then she's been under a 400w hps on 12/12, (8days ago)

So heres how she's looking now..........

Any comments or tips appreciated, i'll keep posting pics as she progresses. :smoking:

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a cool setup dude.

3. big plant indeed

4. Thanks buddy !!!
    Can any1 tell me if its possible to slow upward growth without having a negative affect on yield ?

5. Nice man. Upward growth should slow now that you're trying to flower. Should, is the operative word.

6. looks good! best of luck with flowering!

7. Hey.. whats up?? Your girl is looking good!! She looks to be very healthy and seems to be treated well!!! I've heard of people using a very diluted mixture of vodka and water to slow and stop upward growth without affecting yield! I'm not sure the exact mixture though.. but I would try and tie it down as much as I could before doing that or cutting on her!! Anyways good luck with the grow!!!:smoking:

8. Nice grow. I suggest tying/moving those main colas more under the light unless your trying to get more light to the bottom buds or heat is an issue. It would help fatten those buds up 10 fold because they are not getting direct light right now but what so I know. I can barely get 9 ounce of 4 plants and a 400.

9. Your plant is still going to grow vertically during the first few weeks of flowering, so if you don't have the space to compensate for that, I would suggest either tying down the plant or putting in a screen for your two top colas. That would allow only the cola to grow beyond the screen, not the plant.

Good luck, plant looks great. How tall is your big one? Under my post here are my grow journals. The 2nd one looks a lot like yours, but we didn't top it at all.

10. Big up for Blanch from Lucan.

11. Hello Lucan !!!! Nice 2 see more Dubs in here :D

Well after reading your posts im definitly gonna have to tie her down somehow, she's getting to close to light...41inches from the soil to tip.

So heres the lataest pics anyway......Just fed her with full-strength canna bio vega and will start using the canna bio flores next feed.
    :smoking:

Attached Files:

12. Thanks Billigreen for the tying down idea !!!
    Worked a treat.... heres a few latest pics

Attached Files:

13. Lol wow dude that last line there was fucking funny, I don't care what anyone says. But seriously those are some nice lookin plants. I really like how they responded to the tying down. Keep up the great work and you'll have nothing to worry about. Good luck

14. Few more pics.... These HPS lights really are as good as people on here said they would be :D :smoking: :D

Attached Files:

15. hell of a tree you got there man! Nice job tying it down it'll make a huge difference.

16. Thanks !!!
    Yeah the tying down has made a huge difference !!! So much so that i have a new plant just sprouted and im gonna lst it right the way tru :D

17. The top of this plant is really amazing me :D :eek: :D

Attached Files:

18. Nice plant with plenty of nice tops there man. You're going to get a good yield off that bad boy.

Also it's nice to see another (I assume) Irish grower around here. Keep up the good work!

19. Nice. Mmmmm...flowers.

20. nice grow and setup the more and more i see lst is a thing of beauty good harvesting