Big plant overtaking my veg room? Sucking up lumens from my other plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by randomhighass, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Merry Christmas!

Hey all, I had a super bushy Jack Herer DWC hydro in my veg room that i just took out and put into flower... I was somewhat forced to do this after noticing my other plants have been stunted for a good 2-3 weeks as my Jack Herer has been growing like a vine. Is this because plants with a very large canopy steal all the light from the others?

I know this could sound like a dumb question because in theory yes they would obviously... But would they actually "steal" it from my smaller ones, to the point they stop growing? I still have them right under the light but it has little to no effect, no growth, just staying alive. 1 is a reveg in a 5 gallon pot which reverted fine but then all of a sudden just stopped growing coincidentally as my JH was getting big and fat... Do revegged plants risk easier rootbounding as theyre much older?

The other is a NL lowryder2 cross that's in a 3.5gal (but its smaller than a 3.5gal rootbound plant should look). It had an old root ball that i cut out then flushed and repotted the NL cross in. I fluffed up the soil as much as possible, but is there a possibility they're both still rootbound? I don't usually reuse the same soil (although I have from laziness with no probs). I also dont usually reveg so please share your thoughts on what the culprit most likely is. Help me decide between waiting a few more days with the large Jack Herer finally out of the veg room or just repot them into larger containers. I also included some pics take a look.

Attached Files:

• jh1.jpg
      jh1.jpg
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
    • jh2.jpg
      jh2.jpg
      File size:
      3.8 MB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Thatbplant isn’t big enough or bushy enough to be blocking light out from your others. Something else is stunting growth.

• Like Like x 1
  3. That plant isn't that big and hardly what I would call bushy. If in the future it does get out of control and you're not ready to flip yet, just trim it down closer to the other plants size.

4. its 2.5 ft with a 4.5 sq ft canopy, its consuming more than 50% of good light in the grow space so for me its too big as of now. So with the little advice i am receiving besides how its small and not nearly bushy LOL thanks for nothing. Ill just move it back and up the others pot size then grow it till the airflow is fucked. One guy says the word big and i guess its an ego contest. Fuck it then.

5. Why not just flip it into flower so the other plants can get more light. Are you just running a single light over the middle of the canopy or multiples that you could move more to the outside and get some light on the outer plants. I don’t think it is too bushy to cause issues but you never know. I’ve never revegged but if you don’t mind flipping her over why not so you could focus light on the other two.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Some people just like to discuss how bushy their plants are and compare how far they could piss compared to others. They’re only saying yours aren’t bushy because the internodes are pretty spaced out which could be resolved with a stronger light that’ll bunch them together. You’re looking for around a 2” gap between each internode to get fat ass bud sticks. Hopefully after this harvest you are planning on using extra money to buy a stronger light or an additional complimentary light so you next plants will be even more beautiful. Just a personal suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sorry if you didn’t get the answer you wanted. You got truthful responses from experienced growers. Isn’t that what you came here for? You can flip that plant whenever, just because it’s not huge, don’t let that stop you. I try to fill my space with a preplanned veg in seperate area then flip. With multiple strains you have to prop some up or supercrop the tall ones so canopy is even.

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I mean it’s definitely not the smallest plant nor the biggest...It’s bigger than the others you have in tent...I’m sure the others are suffering as the bigger of your bunch is eating up majority of your lights footprint..
    Your best bet is to start working your bigger one...some defoliating...and workin with lst..tying majority of the branches down..trying to shape it as much as you could...than you can do the same for you smaller and work them under your foot print more so they all start receiving equal amounts of light.
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2