Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Big or little bowl hits?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BritBrit, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Hey guys, ok so question and discussion time please.

I've been smoking for a fair while, but I have a good question.

Is it better to take bigger or smaller hits on a bowl.

I like to smoke out of my little glass spoon bowls. I like to enjoy my bowl slowly taking small - medium hits on it. Some of my friends take HUGE hits. Basicly, I want to know what's the most efficiant way of doing it. (AKA - Which way gets the most thc etc etc..)

You know? So yeah, what do you guys do and what are your experiances?

Cheers lads and ladies :smoke:
    (currently smoking small hits on my lovely bowl with some nice highgrade ^_^)

2. I always take smaller hits, and work my way up. The first hit you take is always the best, hugest. Or at least for me. So you take a hugeee hit, then smaller ones.

One thing that really frusterates me, espically when its my bud, is when someone will light it all up, and take a little hit, then hold on the the bowl while its still lit. When I use to use a bowl a lot, I'd always take my hit, and if it was still lit pass it over or quickly take another hit. Never waste your bud!

3. I always seem to take smaller hits first and taste the bud. Coming towards my third or fourth hit i will start taking large full hits.

I would say smaller hits would give you more THC, because when you torch the bowl and the bud is still cherried it is wasting the bud!

4. Man, I load up my bowls big and pop 'em through like a champ. There are no second hits lol.

5. Fair one. Yeah, I love the taste of weed so I will just smoke it slowly :)

6. I've always found the best way to conserve my bud is take small hits and hold them for a while. Some call it "ghosting" because if you hold it long enough you'll blow out no smoke. I've done this with a few friends when we're low on bud and all wanna get stoned, and it definitely works. We can get away with smoking nearly half as much as usual and still be really high.

7. i try to kill my bowl everytime!

but then again.. i know my limit.

never wasting any bowls.

8. prefer smaller hits

hold them longer

less waist of thc in my opinion

plus my lungs can't take them huge hits anymore

9. I prefer to take my time and take smaller rips.. Tends to get me more baked

10. smaller hits taist beter and can last longer

11. I like taking 1 or 2 huge hits and getting instantly stoned.

12. ive noticed when i take massive hits im high for a shorter time but stoneeed

13. idk y but i rip it till my throat burns then i hold it and within 3 seconds of a huge hit i cough it out. then after that i just take mediums then when there is little left i take a small smooth hit

14. Which way gives you the most THC?

Neither, because the bowl has physical limitations, only what you put into it will come out. You could clear a bong bowl in 1 hit if you have the lungs, but if you cleared it in 4 the bowl had the same amount of weed/THC either way.

Just do what you enjoy, I always corner my bowls even if I'm toking alone. It's good to bake for a while in my mind, not just a minute or two. ;)

15. I corner the bowl till it's all around lost it's green color (kinda dark brown/black) and then I hit that mo' fucker like no tomorrow! cheers.

16. The way to get the most out of your bowl is all in the way you light it. You want to light it just enough to get a quarter slice of the bowl cherried. After you get that done shut off then lighter. Keeping the lighter lit throughout the whole hit wastes weed. You can take any size hit you want that part doesn't really matter.

17. I just love the feeling after you blow out a huge bong bowl.

18. I used to pack single hit bowls, .3-.5 but realized I wasn't getting the full flavor experience only smoking snaps. I started loading up big bowl, at least .5 bowls so I could take 2 rips off of it.

I don't know why, but it tastes and seems to hit so much better when you take a rip without pulling anything through. I love smoking weed

19. Depends. When I'm by myself I like to take smaller hits and taste the weed and enjoy myself without losing oxygen. When I'm with a group of friends who have a much lower tolerance than me I tend to stave on any bowls we pack up so that I can get high too.

20. depends. i'f i'm smoking up a crowd, i take huge rips to get the most out of my joint/bowl. if it's me and a couple friends, we take our time and relax, taste the weed, do smoke tricks, etc.