Big Ebb and Flow System

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by maxattacks101, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Im going to do an ebb and flow system. The tray is going to be 8'x4'x6". Im a craftsman so i can make a really good tray and a res. But I dont know how many gallons my res should hold for that size of a table. Im planning on 30 plants. Im going to have a very big overflow drain and two entrance/exit holes. I have a very good sump pump and two 12" airstones with air pumps. I have 1 1000watt light and ballast and
    1 600watt light and ballast and i also have 3 4' flouresent light fixtures. I have 5 timers. i have ph and tds tester. i have a 32oz bottle of floracious grow and a 32oz bottle of floracious bloom. im using cocotek cubes and hydroton for the medium. i have a infrared thermonmeter and a digital wall temp. i have a portable air conditioner/dehumidifier and a co2 bucket thing where you put water on it and co2 is released in the air. i have three osicslating fans. my res will be on a closet roller system so i can pull out from underneath the tray. A whole room will be dedicated to this. If someone could help me out with the res and the nutes, that would be much appreciated and if anybody has any info to input that would be great too. thanks

2. im not 100% sure but around 110gal resovior

3. hi i use an 8x4 flood and drain table i think the depth is 8 inches anyway my resovoir is 50 gallons

4. 8'X4' is about the size I have. I have a 115 gallon reservoir , it stays very stable with PH. worth the extra $$ for nutes, too. 8 inches sounds right, but have your drain only about 2" max. anything more, and your plants will probibly drown easily, so be careful. I wouldnt use cocotek, its very absorbent, and will not need to be watered much, and ebb and flows usually need to be run 2-3 times a day. I would go with Grodan 6" cubes. they work great, plus, you can get add on cubes for more root development, if wanted.

hope this helps, good luck.