BIG CHEESE Auto from Big Head Seeds

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by FesterNewt, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Hello, Blades [​IMG]

I decided that I would showcase an autoflower strain that I won in a FB competition a while back, it's Big Head Seeds BIG CHEESE Auto.

These guys have an impressive seed lineup of photoperiod and autoflower strains.

They ran a FB comp that had 50 winners; each receiving a 5 pack, winners choice, of one of their strains.

I chose this one since I needed some autoflower seeds and I have been wanting a cheese strain for quite a while.

I'm six weeks in from seed and I'll be adding some pics in the next couple of days to catch up to the present.

This popped up on 4/20 to my surprise, and took off running.

I'm growing in a mix of potting soil and perlite, roughly 75/25 mix in a 3.5 gallon pot.

Lighting is about 100w CFL with a disposable aluminum roasting pan for a reflector, lol

This is in my veg tent running 20/4 hours of light, I like to always have an auto in my veg tent if I have room for it...why not, the lights are running anyways!

Feel free to sub to the thread, pull up a chair and comment if you like!

Looking forward to seeing some old friends and new friends as well [​IMG]

To start off, this pic was taken at 2 weeks old. I soaked the seed in a cup of water for 24 hours and then stuck it in the soil; nothing fancy or scientific, and this seems to always work well for me.

[​IMG]

2. #2 FesterNewt, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
    At 2.5 weeks this girl showed her sex.

This next pic was taken at 4 weeks old and in full-on pre-flower; this plant was in beast mode.

I started to lst at this point, altho I had planned to let it grow au-natural, but I could tell that it was going to be big.

This pic was taken right before I began lst.

[​IMG]

close up at 4 weeks
    [​IMG]

3. This pic is at 5 weeks, it's in full flower now [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. This pic was taken at 6 weeks and it's really starting to put on some weight. Huge difference in 1 week.

This brings us up to date, I will be doing pic updates every Monday.

[​IMG]

5. Here's a little info from the breeder's site:

[​IMG]

Type - Indica/Sativa/Ruderalis
    Environment - Indoor/Outdoor
    THC - High 15%+
    Yield - Med/High 40-60g/400g/m²
    Flowering - 10 weeks
    Harvest -  May-Oct
    High - Carefree. Happy.
    Sex - Auto Fem

We took a select cut of Auto Cheese, the most beautifully pungent example we have ever witnessed, and carefully crossed it with an extremely powerful Critical+ Auto, known for its formidable physical and mental high as well as it's complimentary fruity-Skunk flavour. Consistent in both appearance and power the genetics synchronise perfectly, making our Big Cheese a truly heavy-hitting hybrid that's very resilient to both mold and pests. Finally we increased the stature and yield of the plant by pollinating it with our beloved BigHead #1 strain. This promoted more branching sites but maintained the short inter-nodal distance of the mother, resulting in a magnificent crop of gigantic, bright-green buds oozing with full-on Skunky, mature cheese flavour and smell. Our Big Cheese has all the taste, smell and power of the finest skunk with extra vigour and explosive growth of Critical+, always finishing with superb dry yield figures. A commercial strain for the gardener who cares not just for volume but for outstanding quality.

• Like Like x 1

I'd hit it!  Nice!

Subbed for the time being!

[​IMG]

Thanks for subbing, Jerry! [​IMG]

8. So here we are at 7 weeks and she is sticky and smelly, not sure how to describe the smell but it burns your nose when you touch a bud and you make that face [​IMG]

Still under 100w of CFL, my lowest wattage and by far the cheapest of my lights. I just bought a mars-hydro 600w led for the flower tent and the 300w will go into the veg tent along with the CFL's, it should make for a nice mix.

Attached Files:

9. I'm really impressed with this plant, I'm going to plant another as soon as this one is done now that I know what to expect.

I want to try some of their other strains but most of the online retailers that stock them I've never heard of. There are several that I do recognize but I've never dealt with them before.

Man, if the Gorilla, Rhino or The Vault carried them I would feel better about purchasing some. I don't have anything against the other guys but I would feel better about dealing with someone that I've had dealings with before and I know that they'll deliver the goods, ya know?

I have 4 more seeds so I guess I have time to figure out how to get some more, I want to try one of their photo's called THC Pro....shit looks awesome [​IMG]

Any reason for not treating a branch or two with CS? If it's that good, I'd hit it. You have 4 right? I'm gonna treat that remaining CC bean when I grow it. Amazing smelling plant.

I've used Original Sensible twice with no issues. Some other place in Spain, too, but I'd have to look.I forget where else. So far, I haven't been burned. I have enough of a stash I only need to fill a couple of holes, with a gold, and maybe some Hawaian. I have one bean of a Tikal I want to run sometime, and I'll definitely treat a nice branch on that for seeds, since 've seen it as high as £31 for three fem beans. Also have seen them for 3 for £25, so it varies.

I know they say you can't use the treated buds, but that BS. You can't smoke it, but you can process the snot out of 'em as long as you don't combust the final product with the silver ions. I've used CS to treat a particularly persistent sinus infection and it worked better than the pharmacy stuff the doc ordered.

[​IMG]

I have used Original Sensible before, in fact I have enough credits with them to get several beans for just the cost of shipping.

Sensible Seeds sell the Big Head brand but I don't think they're the same company as Original Sensible. Plus OS seeds take the beans out of the breeder packs and I really like breeder packs and their artwork, or at least they've always taken my beans out and sent them in ziplocks.

I really want to try the CS one of these days, either make my own or buy some. Even if I accidentally pollinate everything I wouldn't really mind; it's not like I haven't had bags of seeded buds before and I paid for that shit, lol

12. I just got the shipping info for my new marshydro 200x3w led, excited to move up to the 600w [​IMG]

Should be here on Friday by fedex. FedEx seems to handle their packages better than ups; I think ups must have a crushing and ripping machine that they send packages thru [​IMG]

13. Subbed dude😀

14. Il pull a pew for this 1 fester newt

Ain't THAT the truth!

It's funny how much hysteria you'll see arond GC and other related places over a seed or two or gawd forbid a nanner!
    Hell, in this run alone, I've left the tent open for a few hours past lights out and the closet door open with a table lamp illuminated right outside the door at least a dozen times with no herming. Now that I'm in late bloom, I'm trying to be more careful, but meh. One or two naners ain't going to ruin the plant. And for all that prima donna talk, if they were out of weed they'd smoke whatever they could get their hands on. I dont' have enough quantty to be that picky.

But I would suggest starting with a commercial product the first time with CS, just to build confidence. I've used the stuff from silvetMTminerals on Amazon with good results, and it's not terribly expensive for 8 ozs, which is enough to treat a lot of area for 2 weeks for the price of one really good bean.

[​IMG]

Thanks, Telbel!

Glad to have you, Dug!

17. Dunno what day you're auto on but mines at 35 today Going strong xD

The last update was 49 days, supposed to go about 70 days