BIG bust in Hotlanta

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by toastybiz, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Someone told me about this: linky

Apparently the owner of a hydro shop and his wife were growing about 2,000 plants in a dozen or more homes all around Atlanta. Quite the little operation. Just FYI...

2. It makes me think about possibilities...:smoking:

3. Also makes you think about why not to steal power. Its a no-knock warrant waiting to happen.
    NEVER STEAL POWER! PAY YOUR BILL!!
    Theres no bill high enough to risk stealing power over.

4. holy crap! fayetteville!!!

5. This makes me wonder, what is acceptable power use??? I'm using maybe 200 Watts, but some people are drawing a couple thousand... What sets off flags, and what seems reasonable?

6. you figure 12 million... 11 homes... 1,000,000 in weed in each house?

is that when they found it or what woulda been produced? Very vague description... but then agian cops prolly dont want all the info about an operation this elaborate in the news. When a cop calls an operation "phenomenal" especially when its that illegal its gotta be good!

Pics???? like the cave bust earlier in the year.

7. Damn that's pretty intense. It woulda been prevented if all of the people who were buying their weed just grew it themselves though:) . But unfortunately that's most likely not going to happen anytime soon. I guess that a punishment like that just comes with the territory of running a 12 million dollar operation. Props to them for that.

8. Cops and district attorneys like to publicize the biggest dollar values reasonably possible, so I suspect they assumed a harvested yield per plant and multiplied that by the going rate per ounce, something like that.

These figures work out to $6,000 per plant, which at street value per ounce works out to close to a pound per plant.

Any way you look at it, it's a helluva lot of reefer!