Big bug... and progress check

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HerbsINtheBurbs, Jun 12, 2006.

1. So I checked the plants today, and my gnat problem is all but gone. I put up fly paper, spread garlic, and put open tape, and I only saw one gnat left... However I also saw a humungous bug that was kind of like a flying ant, but not an ant at all, it was hopping from leaf to leaf, and did not seem interested in the plant at all, also there is no leaf damamge. there was only one, but should I kill it on principle. I didn't because I thought perhaps it was killing other pests. Also I've included some pics of the plants in general

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Plants are looking good!

As for the bug I'd wait another day or so and see what effects it has on the plant. The second anything looks out of the ordinary kill it...

3. no idea what kind of bug that is... if it's not hurting the plant I'd leave it alone...

for the gnats I've heard to use dish soap... dilute some in water and put in a sprayer bottle... spray them directly if you see them flying around... and spray the toplayer of soil... they have larva in the soil and that's probably where they're coming from

4. Smart move! Seriously!

The pests that like to eat your plant are a lot smaller then that, maybe up to 50 times smaller.
    What you do if you were a 6 ft spider mite and this 300ft 'humungous bug' comes your way?

The bad news : this insect may like to eat YOU! :eek: