Big buds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Brumac, Apr 15, 2010.

1. As a general rule of thumb is it true the bigger the plant is or has become in a vegetative state the bigger the bud will be during flowering? So in essence its better to leave a female veg for 2 months or more?

2. I don't know about bigger, but you will have more bud sites so you will have more. Especially if you LST/ScrOG.

3. My plant is over 2 months old, 19 inches from base of stalk to the highest shoot. Should I go ahead and begin the 12/12 cycle? I have taken many cuttings from her and now have some clones...

4. Go for it. You'll probably end up with a four, maybe five footer when you're done.

5. #5 colafarmer, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
    Grown many potted plants and never seen them grow more than 3 to 4 inces while in flowering. Guess that would depend on your nutrients,(more nitrogen) lighting and the strain. Depends if you want a lot of leaves, or more buds.
    I like to start flowering when the plants are 16 -24 inch. Sometimes you get a bigger yield as the light can get down into the canopy as compared to taller, plus the sooner the better to avoid disease, plant failure, stress and Oh ya... Getting that joint a fired up!:smoke: