Big Buddha Cheese Flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GeeGLD, Apr 6, 2010.

1. #1 GeeGLD, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2010
    Hey guys,

This is my first post on this website. Been watching several grow diarys across the years and finally decided to try and grow some sweet green myself.
    I opted for Big Buddha Cheese after trying it in Amsterdam and being amazed by its smell, taste and high. Growing has always interested me and the time had come.

So...
    I choose to use CFL lights. Just one to begin with using a 200 watt 6400k for vegging switching to a 250 watt 2700k light for flowering. Using a standard compost bought from local garden store and started to feed them on Hammerhead and Cannaterres feed a week into flowering. (I think they are the ones)
    I decided to post some pictures as I wanted to see what you guys thought and for any comments. I've had some samples recently but all seem to very hay smelling with only a hint of bud smell although I think it may still be early to harvest. These pictures are a few weeks to a week old so I will get some more recent pics.
    Using a bedroom wardrobe with some foil matt side up and some reflective vinyl all stuck up with shiny tape. I aimed to do things as a little budget!!

See what you think!

Attached Files:

2. looking good man. Still has a ways to go and you will get a hayish smell when harvesting early. Dont worry with time the funky smell will come, just make sure you let her go as long as she needs because it will be exponentially better as they weeks pass. And i know its hard but try not to take the little samples from the plant just wait till your plant starts to get that amber look to it. Good grow man it looks like it going to be a great smoke.

3. not bad looks a lot like my blue berry i got flowering now its a little over 4 weeks in looks about where your at im also using cfls but i have many small ones insted of just a big one. looks real nice keep up the great work

4. Glad to see you guys like it. Appreciate the comments. :)
    Would be awesome to see your blueberry rusty as this is the one of the strains Ive never tried.
    As for the hay smell OD it was definately too early, my most recent sample (few days old) seems to smell alot more potent and looking at it under the microscope shows alot of milky trichs and the same goes for the plant. Although as you said this plant needs to wait to be more amber. The actual plant smells absolutely delightful! Like a cross between Lemons/Limes with Skunk undertones. Its awesome. Am forever smelling my fingers after handling this plant.
    It will be 8 weeks wednesday since I switched em so I think an extra week or two will get this baby just right!
    I am going to be patient. Ive waited a good few months, whats a few more weeks going to do! This whole idea for me was growing some quality weed.
    Keep checking back for harvest photos in the next few weeks!

5. see if you were to throw in a HPS hortilux or anything other then cfl (not talking down on cfl i use them myself), but youde see the densess forming even that early in flowering, it is just such a huge jump and your self pride frmo growing it will increase greatly, BOULDER NUGS!

6. This is her like 4 days ago

[​IMG]

7. Hey guys,
    Awesome Rust! :hello: I can see what you mean. Looks lovely! Hows it smell?

Small update for you guys, with a few new photos. This is now 2 days away from its ninth week since the switch. Planning to chop her on wednesday as she is showing almost all milky trichomes now with some turning amber and the most recent sample is a lot better then any of my other ones. I am hoping the two extra days will be enough, if not then I shall leave her an extra week.

Alot of the underneath tiny buds have shown a lot of growth in the past week and have really boosted up.
    The yellowing leaves are because I've been flushing her the past two weeks, These pics are taken today only with my phone as my main camera is flat. Also the bud pic is the recent sample I have taken (Mind the great white shark ;)).

Tell me what you think! :)

Attached Files:

8. wow that stuff looks incredible

9. nice ganja!
    Freaking big pot you got there :D. Maybe next time you try topping the lady. I did it and got 2 main colas wich is pretty nice. I think there is a threshold though...im still figuring things out with my second grow. Looks from bud-structure very similar to yours, maybe becouse im using the same cfls.
    Anyway, enjoy your harvest, im getting there in 2 weeks and just cant wait!!

10. So what happened bro c'mon man.

11. Ended up ok, was a nice smoke. I didn't smoke any to begin with so it had a nice few weeks to cure. Was stinking!
    Unfortunately mold managed to get in on some parts on the plant so the harvest was slightly earlier then I had hoped. I only have the one harvest photo as I remember being fairly disappointed about the mold. Thinking it would be no good. I managed to salvage some mold-free buds off it.
    Here's a photo before the chop and after.
    Sorry about the quality.

Attached Files:

12. How much did u end up yielding

13. That's one beefy cola woulda been sick all filled out.

Sorry to hear about the mold that shit spreads so fast. Inside the buds too so you can barely even see it. I get so paranoid once my nugs fatten up. Gotta have good ventilation, keep that moisture level down.

Thanks for updating for me bro, now I'm gonna be goin crazy when my cheese is bloomin haha.

14. Hope your cheese goes well zah310, from my experience its a nice easy plant to grow, the only reason it did mold though was because the ventilation wasn't sufficient and also I was stupidly misting the plants like I did in the veg stage. BAD IDEA!
    But its all a good learning curve.

@ gergzla
    I ended up yeilding around 1.2 oz off the plant (including the moldy bits). But the bud was really light and not as dense as it could of been under MH lights or something but CFL is my restriction and have to say CFL is still a really good way to grow. Also the crop was slightly early due to mold. Although there was this, the bud that was salvaged was really nice, smelt good and tasted good.

15. Thanks for the info!!!

Im about 6 weeks into flower on my cheese and can't wait:D

Cheers:smoke:

16. Hi I liked you clf cheese griw man!
    That main cola looked amazing truly.

I have a bb cheese that's week 5 into flower how they looking you think??
    This is a 7/9wk strain so I'm not sure when to start flushing?? Week 7/8/9??? Any ideas......here is a couple 20160914_225209.jpg 20160914_225157.jpg 20160913_102032.jpg picture to assess if you would?