Big Buddah Blue Cheese and Afghan Kush Ryder Auto

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by greenerystrng10, Feb 19, 2013.

1. This will be my second grow and I went and picked up some feminized seeds. I'm very excited about the Afghan Kush Ryder. Any strain that is advertised to have 23% thc is worth a try. The Big Buddah Blue Cheese looks promising as well. Yields are supposed to be pretty nice and difficulty of growing shouldn't be a issue according to reviews. The two seeds were placed in pellets yesterday and are dying to pop their heads out of that dirt. I'm wanting to go with an organic soil mix that doesn't contain many nutes. Anyone with experience growing these strains please feel free to chime in.

Lights: Right now I have a mixture of different types of cfl's from my first grow but I plan one upgrading and adding one big HPS or LED. I'm 100% for hps lights but I hear they are some what risky and can cause a lot of heat issues. However, I'm leaning towards ordering an hps soon. Probably a 400w

My grow is located in a walk in closet inside of my bedroom. The temperature doesn't change much in there and it is already painted white which is good. I will also have sliding doors so the grow will be pretty stealthy. I haven't taken measurements but it's almost 7 feet tall and 7 feet wide so it's a pretty big area.

This thread will be updated weekly up until flowering. At that time I will create a new thread for the flowering process. I'm still a noob as this is my 2nd overall grow so all advice will be considered and greatly appreciated. Hopefully this time with fem seeds ill end up with some nice medicine!

2. Examined the peat pellets today and notice that both AKR and Blue cheese both popped and the tap roots are big and visible. I'm estimating they will sprout tomorrow. After they sprout ill be placing them in solo cups with fox farms happy frog ( too lazy to make my own mix). This will be the medium used though out this grow but I will mix it with 20% of pearlite. Looks like this grow could be updated with pics tomorrow.

3. I'm growing 5 of those BB Blue Cheese right now, about 23 days into flower.
    Check it out, it might give you an idea what you're in for. :wave:

4. Thanks! I'm gonna check your grow out now. I'm super excited about it. How do you like it? I'm hoping for a pretty nice yield

5. It's my first go around with it but I've smoked a bit others have grown and loved it so I decided to order the beans. We'll see how they turn out, I'm expecting good things :D:smoking:

6. The girls popped their heads out yesterday and here they are today. The afghan kush Ryder is on the smaller one. 6 days from seed

Attached Files:

7. Kush Ryder and blue cheese today...

Attached Files:

8. Afghan kush Ryder is on the left. It's growing pretty nicely now. The first few days the leaves looked a little unhealthy and droopy but it has since recovered. The blue cheese is taller but the kush Ryder has more leaves. The blue cheese has looked healthy from the start however. They're both in fox forest happy frog mixed with about 15% perlite and some lime.

9. keep a cool light close to keep her nodes tight and now is a good time to add a soft breeze to strengthen her stem. as you see her strengthen you add more and more. Just when she's ready not before. :wave:Don't fret over them too much. Don't feed til the cotyledons dry up.
    good luck.

10. Will do! Thanks for stopping by :wave:

11. Whats up man I'll try and help as much as I can!:D I'm still learning and not an expert by any means, but I'm here to help and learn with ya! Plus we have faye here shes a pro in my opinion and a very very smart helpful lady!:D

12. :wave:Skinny his grow reminded me of you and his conditions in the closet and all. I thought you would be a great guy for him to follow, since he is so new I thought your organic system would work well for him while he's learning. Seems automatic and like something I should look into myself if you wouldn't mind giving a rundown here or on your thread. pls.;) Thanks for the complements :eek: I really don't know what to do with them. But you have turned into a great grower in a very short amount of time and a good coach doesn't always get the same results himself as a great athlete under his tutelage:wave::smoking:.:D

13. Thanks for stopping by and ill take all the help I can get! Your grow is impressive and I'm using the same type of closet so I think you could be a big help to me. I was going to go with the 400w hps but I ended up getting the 600. Right now the girls are under cfls's. ill be introducing them to the new light on Monday. My first grow was a fail but I learned a lot so I'm expecting big things from this one. im Glad you all are in my corner for this one!

14. Idk if i would go to the 600hps on those babys yet, seems like a little much that young. I would stay with the cfls like faye said real close. I put a 100watt equivalent about 3 or 4 inches away to get tight nodes. How many days now since sprout, and if you dont mind what went wrong last grow that failed?

How are you going to cool the closet? Are your doors light tight ? Theses are the things you wanna focus on now. Let the little babes get started dont worry so much about them now just water when they get dry for a few weeks.

Thanks faye Ill have to do some thinking on how to write it all up I kinda just go with it lol Let them tell me how much and when.I will be more then happy to help and I will get a post worked up with what i use and things and post here and on my thread. :wave::smoking:

15. They are about 10 days since sprout. One is a auto and 1 is a pheno. The closet isn't light sealed right now it's covered by a few sheets. Ill be installing sliding doors though. As far as cooling the room goes my only plans were to add a fan. I only have 2 plants growing so I didn't think I really need a carbon filter. What other steps should I take to cool the room down and what fan would you suggest? My last grow got infested with white flies. The plant ended up being a male but I think ph and soil problems led to a lot of yellowing leaves. I got up to about 40 days before chopping her down

16. Yeah i guess i wasnt think about the auto you wanna give it as much light as you can but id start at a good distance. Right now your fine for veg.on light tight, I 'm just shooting off things i can remember haven't problems with growing in my closet. Your gonna have a lot more room then me from what i understand your room is 7x?x7 ? Are you planning on exhausting the closet or just opening the door during light on? I found it was very hot with a close door!

On a filter its depending on your strain not , my plant i chopped last really didn't smell much until the last week or so and now fucking reeks in the jars!:D If smell isnt an issue I would just open the door every morning and have a fan blowing are in or out to start with and see what temps you get. If your gonna grow in this room permanently I would cut i hole in the ceiling to vent threw and make the door light tight then get an inline fan and optional filter. :smoking:

17. Awesome... Yea I was worried about insulation ill probably just leave the door open for now in there. I know hps raises the temperature like crazy from what I hear. Ill probably worry about ventilation next grow. Here is my set up as of now.

Attached Files:

18. Ok here it goes, I wanna say again I'm not the most experienced and not trying to push my way on anyone its just what works for me right now. You can take from it what you want. Use some, dont use some thats perfectly fine with me. Only really posting this because i was asked I dont think of myself as a grower people should try to be like. I just grow for a personal stash and I try to use common sense. I love growing and I love the plants I thinks thats why I'm doing as well as I am.:smoking:

Soil- This grow all my mystery plants as i have been calling them have been in old soil from my last grow.Which was just olivias organic potting mix/perlite/organic compost and a little top soil to bulk it up. After the last grow I emptied all the pots into a 18 gallon rubbermaid and dusted it with STUMP TEA (i will get into the tea later) added a small hand full of organic all purpose fertilizer 10-10-10. Then i added a small amount of worm castings. I have a worm bucket going but it wasn't producing much at the time. Mixed that all up and watered it a little put the lid on and let it sit. I came back to use it for my grow now and there was a nice layer of white mold on top. I mixed that up then filled grow bags with soil, drenched them with tea let them dry up, while i got my seeds going. Then the soil was ready to use. I will not be using this soil again I feel its served it purpose. Next time I will be getting a pre mix nute pack faye told me about and mixing my own
    Nutrient Pack | Keep It Simple
    Along side my fish emulsions and worm casting if needed.

Feeding-
    I dont ph my water or use filtered water just let tap water sit in a milk jug for 24 hours before using it.I use simple foods both are organic fish emulsions one During veg 5-1-1 and the other for bloom 0-10-10. I start feeding with 1/4 dose of what the bottle says. Then I water for 2 to 3 times with plan tap water letting them go dry in between each watering. Then I will move up a 1/4 dose, IF the plant has no burn and is looking healthy from its last feeding. Continue to do that until i reach full dose, on some plants! I had a problem at first of feeding the same amounts and at the same time to all my plants. Its important to treat them all different let them tell you if they like the food or not, want more so on. Once they go into flower I do the same thing with the bloom food and start fading the veg food down in 1/4 doses as they went up. I do this because i feel the slow increase and decrease lets the plants get used to having or not having the food. Instead of just boom heres food and then taking it all away at once.

Ok tea I use a product called Stump tea -I really think this is my key. Last grow i bought the tea already into the grow. This grow I started it before the seeds hit the soil.I noticed bigger whiter roots , visual growth after feeding the tea. Its cheap and you dont have to mix it yourself thats why I bought it you just put a tablespoon per gallon and brew. The fish emulsion is cheap too and I have only bought one bottle of each and had it for 2 years.

Another reason why I think my plants are doing better is temps. I have my tent setup right now getting a high of 77 and most days it stays 73 with lights out at about 62. :smoking:

Thats pretty much what I do I'm sure i missed some stuff and some of it might be confusing.:D I'm pretty stoned, I hope it helps anything i missed and you wanna know just ask. I think my method is easy and a cheap way to get into organic without knowing much about it or having to mix up soils and teas right off the bat. :wave:

19. If got a pic of the products i use I will post it tonight so you know what i'm talking about