BIG BUD x 400W

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by uzerneims, Apr 4, 2013.

1. #1 uzerneims, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
    Hi there!

Here is my two femed sisters from seed - Big Bud x Green House Seeds
    I'm growing under 1x 400w MH bulb, with reflector.
    Timer for lamps / exhaust : 18/6
    for humidifier there is another timer, that simulates earthclimate...
    Planted in soil that has nutrients with it.

First day today, that i put light nutrient-water mix with pH 6-6.5...

Humidity And Temps:
    Day: 30-38% | 23-25C (73-77F)
    Night: 59-70% | 16-18C (60-66F)

Now it's like fifth week vegging, -

I tried both to Fim them (in third week), right one went successful, but with the left one, there went something wrong, hahah, her growth-speed is slowed down...

When i should switch to 12/12, to earn maximum yield?
    Should i try to put them under screen and start to fill that screen up and then switch to 12/12?

On this picture - is this genetically (on both plants) or there live some thermite or is it hotburn?

[​IMG]
    Fullsize: http://i50.tinypic.com/14445h.jpg

Any tips?

Picture from top:

[​IMG]
    Fullsize: http://i49.tinypic.com/9ia8mq.jpg

Thanks, brothers!
    Peace!

2. it almost looks like it was being eaten, did you see any bugs ?

3. That's the thing, that there are no bugs, i always remove my outdoor clothes, when going in box... So yesterday i was checking out every leaf, every corner - and there was no bugs found...

4. Thanks, HydroKidd.

Any tips trying to Scrog them?

5. so i got little update today here.

i made 7x7cm (3"x3") screen (90cm x 145cm) for SCROG :hello:

I hope this will be awesome!

Here is screen with all the awesomeness (my thumbs hurt as ****), haha :smoking:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. So after a week, here is a little update:

Got one day big surprise, windows was left opened, so yeah, night was cold...
    Plucked some leaves (defoliage) for these plants for first time, so don't want to stress her out, so next weeek i'm gonna pluck some more, slowly for nice canopy...

And made some ghetto drainage system, like drainage console...

Pics:
    Both guuurls:
    [​IMG]

Left gurl:
    [​IMG]
    Right gurl:
    [​IMG]

7. I'm doing my first DWC grow and I'm essentially using a SOG technique. It wasn't exactly intentional, just kinda workout out that way. I LST'd and topped like crazy. I used duck tape to tie them down because I have big totes with 5 plants in each. I wasn't sure how to tie them down at first, but it will essentially work the same. Nice job with your screen there. Feel free to check out my grow in my sig. It's basically a SOG without a screen. I love how they work though. It's much nicer getting a bunch of colas instead of just the 1 big one. I'm hoping it will help the yield as well.

8. Let me check your grow! :)

Haha, my topping (i fimmed) worked out bad, i think, that i didn't cut 80% of new growth, but then the leaves came out, like three sets of them was crippled :D anyway, they are strong...
    For tying down i used standart nylon string, very durable.

Yeah man, and i read about defoliation, it makes more light to go for budsites, so i pinched bunch of fanleaves and some smaller dead leaves, the plant didn't feel the stress, like when i fimmed them and suddenly leaves went from normal state to droopy (that was like human-behavior), but with defoliating plant stayed strong, just like human - just with fresh haircut! :wave: :smoking:

9. You can't really hurt it too much with just pruning. Unless you go crazy of course. I prune mine a lot because I honestly had no choice. lol. The leaves were blocking out the light from the bud sites. Anything in the way either gets tucked or moved if I can. If I have to tuck it more than a couple times I cut it off. Some say not to trim the plants a lot, but personally I think it's great for veg. They don't seem to get too upset from trimming and it helps new growth. I wouldn't prune too much during flower though. I try to only cut the few leaves that are really in the way. I'm hoping I can make this work though. It's my first time using the totes, so I hope it doesn't get too tight with space. I don't want to get a shitty yield because I have too much going on. I definitely think the XXXL hood will help with a good spread though. I love the big lights. lol.

10. Definitely! Hood is always there for you! :))

Yeah, i pruned according to this tutorial - Grow Weed Easy's Marijuana Defoliation Tutorial

yeah, prune them in veg, so it makes them strech, and prune some at flowering to make more light for budsites....

11. So little update after four days, and pruning works.
    That place where i pruned leaves, she sprouted new ones [pic.1]

Pic1:
    [​IMG]

Both girls:
    [​IMG]

Left one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Right one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any input appreciated!

12. Hello!
    Here go little update, and a few questions:

So both girls
    [​IMG]

Left guuurl (she is pretty):
    http://media.share.pho.to/1zEOS/14ce02de_o.png

Right guurl (accidentally gave too low pH water, i think she locked up and that is some nutrient deficiency)
    [​IMG]
    And next - why does she grows in circle form?

Prob:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think that she is growing really slowly :/

And i think, that, I would switch after a week to HPS, is it ok?