BIG BUD - 1st Grow - Medium Budget

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GumDispenser, Feb 15, 2009.

1. #101 GumDispenser, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
    well, the pH is about 6.0-6.5, which is better than my two big females in their soil.

Then again I never knew if nute burn was due to pH or something else.

I'm transplanting all of them tomorrow.

edit : The curling of the leaves was because I left THAT clone under the sun for 4 hours. Even the humidity dome didnt keep it sheltered.

The other clones are just banana yellow. Not curly.

2. the clones bounce back real quick when they get in soil! your doing good

3. Hydr1, you were right, the Jiffy pucks are horrible.

The clones using the jiffy pucks grew NO roots.

The clones dipping in water grew enough roots after a week and half.

Oh well, costs like 4$, didnt feel like returning something to wal-mart for 4$

4. I guessI need to give the guys that are sucessful with them credit...cause I left 20 clones in those things and after two weeks ....no roots...recut them all and went rapid rooter....6 days 13 inch roots...Im not kidding...the roots were 5 time slonger than the clones...thats how my flowering crop right now started....13 inch fucking roots spiraling around the party cups and filled with dirt

5. ya I'm gonna drive up to that hydro store soon. Just gotta get up early enough one day to steal the car from the wifey.

6. 26 March 2009

Nothing much to say, the flowering plant has been flowering for 3 weeks now. She's got little flowers on every tips of her nodes.

I put my mother plant under the HPS when it's turned on. She seems to LOVE IT. She doesnt grow much, but her foliage is opening up.

Pictures

1st - Flowering Plant ( 3 weeks flowering )
    2nd - Mother

Attached Files:

7. shes growing alright...things are good....Im at a week and a half into flower...Ill throw some pics for you to check this weekend. looking good gummo!

8. Thnx! I'm just pissed about the clones thing. It's a total mess.

Only two clones got roots and one of them is a male clone (kept for seeding purposes).

The other one is a female clone that got burned in the sunlight (posted pics before).

At least my mother has huge thick alternate nodes now. They're just too big to fit under a 2L soda bottle.

What do you use as a humidity dome?

oh and where will your clones be posted? Here or in your perpetual growth?

9. #109 hydr1, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    In my perpectual garden...when you take the clones you dont need them to be huge...just two leaves...cut everything else off and keep the stem about 4 to 5 inches...2 liters should be good....I use a 12 inch high humidity dome but they only get to about 5-6 inches max...

dont worry you have 60 days to get another batch going....if you follow my technique you can wait untill the last two weeks of flowering your one plant to cut your next batch of clones...or you can start cutting them now and LST and veg them for this whole 60 days...or however long your flower cycle is for bigbud.

Im doing my next batch with a really long veg

heres pics of my bubble clone setup....Its not up and running anymore...Im going to start clones again in a month....I have about a twelve pack that ive been supercropping and vegging as long as my other clones ahve been flowering:p

10. oh so small clones? okay

That makes it that I'll want to keep my mother small as well, since I can only have 4 clones at the same time :p

Your pictures are missing

11. #111 hydr1, Mar 26, 2009
    heres pics of the bubbler setup, the clones and the mother

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. So many clones!

your flowering room must be huge.

What about the lightbulb in the picture. Looks kinda very little for so many clones.

13. #113 hydr1, Mar 26, 2009
    theres another light in the very top left corner (not running in the pic)...that ones a compact flour security light...hundred and somthing watts...its really blue white light...Im all about keeping the light really low for the clones.

then when I put them in the HPS for flowering...I also keep my light intensity low by raising the hood as high as it can go and dropping it every few days untill I get to about 2 feet away...then a week later I drop it down as close as I can without getting burns

14. Everything looks really good Gum!
    Did you put your mother under 12/12 and then put it back into veg? If so it may have stressed her out a little bit and that could be why she's growing slow.

15. Nice cloning rig!
    Let's see, how many holes you got there?...

gm

16. 30 March 2009

Flowering plant is 3.5 weeks into flowering.

I just finished doing some major LST on all hes alternate nodes.

So what you see is a single plant all stretched out. The branches didnt adjust yet to point towards the light.

Also, there are more and more hairs all over my plant, on all my nodes, heck some nodes are just as hairy as the main cola.

Can you guess which one of the 4-section pic is the main cola? ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. main cola is the one to the far center right???

Looking nice man...I just added some hardware go check it out...Im in week 2

18. Main center? nonon Im talking about the last picture which has 4 buds in each corner. One of them is the main cola :p

19. bottom left?

20. bottom or top left?