BIG BUD - 1st Grow - Medium Budget

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GumDispenser, Feb 15, 2009.

1. i heard of this from urban grower i think....what do you guys do with the pollen?

2. I'd store it for the day I need seeds. Then I'd take a small female clone and knock her up like I did with my gf.

3. Im stoked to read that cause I didnt want to have male busting anywhere within a mile of my growroom. Maybee Ill give someone a male plant as a decoration and harvest the pods from it when theyre ready. I can imagine pollen getting into my ventalation system and ruining my whole crop!

4. o so the small female will produce seeds?...how long does this take?

5. o and im sorry to hear about you gf:wave::smoking:

6. ya the small female will produce seeds where it was pollinated. Then id collect the seeds for storage. So if I move countries again, I just bring seeds with me.

Believe it or not, not all pregancies are unwanted :D that was 2.5 years ago. So im a daddy.

7. i was just messing around no harm intended..thanks for the info.....it helps me out alot

8. you're welcome.

However Im still not sure if the hassle if worth making seeds over spending 30-50$ on ordering more seeds online. I'd be curious to try a new strain.

9. grow some kush

10. yeah, that or white widow. Anyway I'm far from getting bored of big bud since I'm still 8-10 weeks away from my first harvest :p

11. #72 GumDispenser, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
    16 March 2009

I have finally sexed all my plants and the final score is :

2 x females
    4 x males

shucks! oh well, I still get to have a mother and a female in flowering at the same time.

Now I started LST on the female in flowering. Don't know if it's worth it right now since it's the ONLY plant under the HPS with a fan dedicated to it :p

I gotta buy some big garbage bags to dispose of my male plants (look at the 4 doomed plants!).

No picture of the mother plant available. She's resting.

Question : Should I trim the dead leaves at the bottom?

Attached Files:

12. some say cut em all off.....Ive heard alot of people say it doesnt matter either way...doesnt help or hurt....all youll get is some loose weak ass buds down there ...IMO i started stripping all lower growth off just so the plant gets more air circulation underneath and I dont really care for those hurtin buds on the bottom anyways

13. ok good, cause I felt they were ruining the esthetic aspect of my plant :p

Now I gotta go find big black garbage bags to dump my males.

14. hey man, how long did you veg for? what day of flowering? i may have missed it. But it looks like its going well, except for the 3 dudes crashin the party:rolleyes:

15. man f those dudes..get rid of those assholes:D:wave:

16. haha ya they were decapitated. I have yet to get rid of the roots.

I kept one cut from the strongest male for cloning so I can make some seeds with a female clone later on.

So, it's a two women party, in seperate closets.

My mother plant looks like she's being aerodynamic.

Attached Files:

17. Forgot your reply in the next page :p

They veged for 6 weeks from sprout. Then my only female in flowering will have been flowering for 2 weeks tomorrow.

18. #79 lifted.again, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009

im thinkin about veggin mine for about 45 days total but with LST im on day 21 now. I could let them grow but im likin the LST too much...its fun and gives me something to do.:rolleyes: But your female sounds to be doing well. keep it up man!:hello:

19. 18 March 2009

Since I've spread out my flowering female's stem in LST, her alternate nodes grew out really well. The tip of the plant is on the right side.

[​IMG]