Big Brother is coming?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Superjoint, Feb 27, 2002.

1. I stay out of the politics forum. I probably agree with a decent amount of people in there but it seems like it's just a bunch of circle jerks with likes all around and a lot of stupid arguments where both sides are so firmly entrenched in their current point of view that they can't even consider any other way of looking at the issue.

2. Since the format of the site changed, and Ron Paul retired, the Politics forum is much less active.   

3. The majority of the people posting in the political section is closed minded. This is what you mean in layman's terms correct ....if so I agree with you completely.

4. Yea I noticed that, I try not to go in too often because the section usually leads to me being depressed at the current state of affairs, but every time I do theres threads on thd front page that havent been posted in for like 5 days

5. Exactly. I tend to describe what I mean rather than using one or two words that define it because sometimes when a word is overused it starts to lose some of its meaning and become less effective.

6. I tend to post in anything that pops up in the activity feed before I go to work or after I get off work.

7. #67 aPersonUponaHill, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014

Yea ever since that was incorporated into the site I dont scroll the subforums much at all.

8. There's too many self-styled anarco-capitalists and people who think that guns are the answer to everything. 

9. Yeah I use the content I follow a lot but I get tired of posting in the same threads all the time so I check activity feed sometimes to find new threads to post in. I don't troll the innards of the site for threads too often anymore. I did dig up this fossil of a thread tonight though and I'm glad I did even though it's keeping me up.

10. For this topic to have been created in 2002 it sure is blowing up now..and conveniently at 3-o-clock in the morning whilst I'm tipsy. Fuck I love GC.

11. Better a decade and then some late than never :p

12. Everything/everyone has a purpose IMO. Even this thread :D .

13. #73 aPersonUponaHill, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014

People are way too willing to fight and pull out guns in the process, no good these days. Scary times in America.

Makes me wish I could carry one of mine because I have come across some seriously deranged people. One guy started tailgating me and tried to highbeam me in daytime when I was going back to work with lunch the other day, all I did was pull up in the opposite lane just as the light changed and didnt really have to stop and merged like 50 to 100 feet ahead of him. I have seen far worse than that though.

14. I believe the only time someone should pull out a gun is if their life is in danger. Not to feel like a bad ass or because they're depressed.

15. All this will do is drive all of society to the free society I am striving to create.  We can be a family or slaves, the choice is yours, the choice is easy.

16. Or we can be a family of slaves...

17. I will take freedom.  All we must do is share, all we must do is love.

18. I'll take freedom too. I think it's going to take the system breaking down for us to get there though. I feel like we've been heading towards a change at the top for a long time and so long as government continues to be dysfunctional at its highest level we will get there. Republicans and Democrats have had exclusive control of the US government for too long with their only real competition for power being each other. Power just keeps shifting back and forth between two distinct groups of like minded individuals who have been on top so long they've forgotten how to lead and now know only how to maintain and expand their power.

The ship is being steared into waters far too shallow but the captain has no idea because someone took the light out of the lighthouse and the art of navigation has long been abandoned for pursuit of the skills that allow you to convince others you can be captain. Believe me, when the time comes I won't be waiting around; I'll be one of the first over the sides in a lifeboat because I saw the rocks and the shoreline but couldn't do a damn thing because nobody would listen.

19. Well i mean, if you have nothing to hide right?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Sure, and if you do then learn how to stay hidden.