Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BIG BIG BIG guide

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by shitty smitty, Jul 8, 2010.

1. #1 shitty smitty, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2010
    ok so this guide will tell you pretty much how to get high with the by-products of your weed.
    how to get keif (can use to make hash or smoke alone) from stems
    this is a popular thing to do. and there are a few ways to do it.
    1. get your stems , leaves , etc. and put them in a baggy. put the baggy in the freezer. now let them get real cold for about 30 minutes. stems have the trichomes (crystals) them if you look closely. then take the baggy out and like crunch the stems together. this knocks the trichomes off. making them so cold makes them brittle. repeat the process a few times. by now you should have good amount of keif at the bottom of your baggy. :smoking: now dump it out on something flat like a notebook or a glass table. use a razor or a credit card or something like that to scrape up all the keif into a pile. then pick the stems out (if you slide them you might slide some keif too) and throw them away. they are no good now because all of the keif is off of them. this way takes more time but you get more keif.
    2. another way you can get keif from stems is to get some panty hose (or a fine screen) and put it over like a tupperware thing. cut the toes off the panty hose and up the length so that they are more like a cover and less like something chicks wear. then put the screen/panty-hose over the tupperware container (lid off btw lol) and use a rubber band to keep it on there. so now its covering it. make sure it isnt too stretched out because more stuff would fall through. dump you stems and stuff like that onto the little contraption you made and shake. shake for as long as you want. but after 10 minutes you get a good pile. keep shaking though. the more you shake , the more you get.
    3. just grind your stems like you do weed and the trichomes will fall through if you have a keif catcher in your grinder. you dont get as much but it works.
    how to make hash
    1. the blender method
    Put water in a blender. Add a large handful of leaves, stems, seeds and mild weed. Put in 3 or 4 ice cubes and blend it for about 3-4 minutes. Just make sure everything is very finely chopped. Secondly, you will need a gold reusable coffee filter (or 90-line silk screen). Get a large mouth quart mason jar, and strain your Slurpee mixture through it. Once you have strained all the liquid through, run some more water through the leaf material to wash out any extra trichome.

After a few minutes you will notice a white collection at the bottom of the jar, this is the trichome. Let the trichome settle at the bottom for about 20-30 minutes. Next, pour off the top 2/3's of the filtered green water, leaving the settled trichome at the bottom. Add more ice water to get the green stuff out, and let the trichome settle at the bottom for about 20 minutes again. Repeat this step once more. Pour off as much water as you can without pouring off the trichome, filter the resulting trichome/water mix through a paper coffee filter. The trichome will not go through the paper, but the water will. When all the water has filtered through, a slightly wet, cold, mass of trichome will be left. This will be easy to handle and compress.
    2. alcohol method
    Take your stash (stems, seeds, mild weed) and place it in a covered pot, with enough alcohol to cover everything. Isopropyl alcohol is commonly available at pharmacies. Get at least 91%. Sometimes its called rubbing alcohol.Now carefully boil the mixture on an electric stove. Be careful: the alcohol is very flammable! After 45 minutes of heating you can strain the solids out, saving the alcohol. Now, repeat the process with the same residuals, but with fresh alcohol. When the second boil has finished, remove the solids again, combine the two quantities of alcohol and boil again until you have a syrupy mixture. This syrupy mixture will contain much of the THC formerly hidden in the stash.
    3. drum machines
    A drum machine is cylindrical, like the inside of a clothes dryer, and is electrically powered. Inside the drum is a screen which the skuff is slowly tumbled against. It's much the same principal as flat screening, except the drum machine tumbles the skuff instead of rubbing it. Drum machines can be bought, or if you are handy, plans can be found to build your own.

The most popular drum machine is the Pollinator, developed by Mila, a pioneer of Amsterdam's hashmaking community. She has developed machines in a variety of sizes to handle different quantities of product.

The drum screen should be 125-137 lines per inch like the flat screen. Lightly fill the drum with dry skuff (remember not too dry) and turn machine on low. Let it run from a few minutes for up to one hour the shorter the time, the more likely you are to get only gland heads. You can collect the hash-powder and then run the machine again to produce a higher grade of hash. Depending on the quality and quantity of original material, you can do this a few times, with each grade containing more contaminates.

If your skuff contains a lot of larger leaves, you may want to put a rubber ball into the drum after the first collection to help rub the surface against the screen.
    4. bubble hash
    The ice-water filtration technique has quickly become a very popular way to make hash. This method combines the best of the screen and blender methods, using ice-water to make the trichomes brittle and agitation to knock the heads off, then straining the mix through filters for increased purity.

Hash made in this fashion is sometimes called "bubble hash" - because it is so pure that it bubbles when heated! Well-made bubble hash is a very potent product a tiny piece will produce enough billows of smoke to get a small crowd high.

The two main commercial ice-water filtration systems available are "Bubble Bags" from Fresh Headies and the Ice-o-lator, another product developed by Mila. Both operate on the same principle of using cold water and filtering bags to isolate trichomes. You can also make your own kit by acquiring mesh of the appropriate sizes and carefully sowing it into bags of strong material.

In order to make bubble hash you'll need a kit with filtering bags, two impeccably clean five gallon pails and a hand mixer. The exact method can vary depending on which system you're using, but the essentials are the same. The Ice-o-lator uses two filters to screen out contaminates, leaving the trichomes caught in the second filter. The bubble bag kits from Fresh Headies contain either three or six color coded bags, and allow you to simultaneously make different grades of hash.

To start with a bubblebag kit, place your skuff into one of your five gallon buckets. Use up to 100 grams of dry skuff, or double that weight if it's fresh or wet.

Because ice makes the trichomes brittle, add plenty - at least six ice cube trays. Then fill up the bucket with cold water. Leave a few inches at the top so you don't splash too much when mixing.

Use the hand mixer to blend continuously for 15 minutes to one hour or more. Mixing longer will produce a higher yield that will be slightly less potent. The mixture will become green and frothy. You should take breaks every so often to let the mixture settle.

When done mixing, allow the mixture to settle for at least 30 minutes. If the ice has melted, add more. If possible, put the pail in the freezer, or outside if you live in a cold climate you want that water to stay cold!

Now put your "work bag" into your second bucket. This bag should have a screen size between 200 and 250 microns, the one from Fresh Headies is 220. Pour your frothy green mix into the work bag in the second bucket. Slowly lift out the bag and squeeze out the water. Set aside the work bag with the green matter for a second rinse.

Now you have a bucket full of green water which contains many trichomes, as well as other contaminants. Everything that was smaller than 220 microns is in that water.

Arrange the other bags inside of the now empty bucket. Put the bag with the finest mesh in the bucket first, then place the bags with larger screen sizes inside the first one. With the Fresh Headies three bag kit you put the 25 micron bag in first and the 73 micron bag inside of it. You'll get fine hash if you just use one bag with a screen size around 73 microns.

Now you carefully pour the green water into the bucket with the bags. Then you slowly lift out each bag in succession, being sure to give them time to drain. If you're using a 25 micron bag it will drain very slowly be patient. Squeeze out the excess water from each bag after it is drained.

You will now have a brownish sludge at the bottom of the bags. Remove it with a credit card or spoon to a plastic bag. Blot the sludge with a towel to remove excess moisture, and let it dry out for at least 12 hours. You might want to wait up to a week for it to fully dry and cure, if you are that patient! Be sure that your product is entirely dried so as to avoid mold problems later on.

You'll get less product from the 25 micron bag, but it will have a unique and potent affect when consumed. Bubble bag creator "Bubble Man" speculates that these are the smaller trichome heads not immature, but simply the smaller heads associated with Sativa strains. He argues that Indica strains have larger trichome heads, and that Sativa strains have smaller heads on longer stalks. Crosses between these two types doesn't produce medium sized trichomes, but rather a mix of the large and small. This theory seems to be borne out by results, but much more research needs to be done.

Now go back and give the green matter in the work bag a second rinse, to be sure that you get out every last trichome!

The yield from 200 grams of skuff is around 6 to 20 grams, with an average yield around 10 grams. The quantity of hash produced depends in large part upon the quality of your original material.
    5. Pressing

The previous four techniques leave you with a product that, once dried, resembles sand. This "sand" is actually a collection of trichome heads and stalks. In Holland, these heads are referred to as "pollen" or "polm," which can create confusion as the trichomes are clearly not a "pollen" as defined by the english use of the word. Because it is a powder and a potent cannabis extract, this raw product is also sometimes jokingly referred to as "hippy crack."

The final step to making hash is to turn this powder into a solid mass. This can be as simple as rubbing small quantities between your hands to produce a ball of resin, as our ancestors did thousands of years ago. (Unlike our ancient ancestors, you should wash your hands first!)

Another way is to press this powder into a bar or cake. The powder should be completely dry before pressing. If it stored damp it can become moldy, ruining your precious product. So be sure it is totally dry! If you put it into the freezer for a while the water inside will coagulate on the surface as ice and can then be blotted off.

To press you'll need heavy plastic wrap, cardboard, newspaper, a frying pan, a heavy rolling pin and a tile or marble surface for rolling.

Cut the cardboard to the size you would like your finished bar to be. Make a bag around the cardboard, then remove cardboard. Fill the bag with dry trichomes, seal and wrap in several layers of wet newspaper. Place bundle in frying pan on very low setting. Turn your bar often and unwrap to check if all the trichomes are melted. Don't let the newspapers dry out or catch on fire!

Once melted, remove from frying pan, leave wrapped in newspaper, and transfer to the rolling surface. Using the rolling pin, press and roll from the center out. Continue doing this all the way around your bar for 30 to 45 minutes.

Unwrap newspaper and allow to cool in freezer for at least one hour. Then unwrap from your plastic. You now have some awesome hash!
    how to make canna-butter
    Making Cannabutter

Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil, then put a small amount of butter in the water. The butter melts, and mixes with the water. Then put the grass or stash in and boil it. Now all the grass will be riling around with the water and the butter. The THC dissolves into the butter. Stir the stuff regularly. After half an hour of cooking the grass, strain out the grass and stash and squeeze all the juice out of it. Then put the liquid in the fridge.

A few hours later, the mixture is cold enough and the cannabutter has solidified on the surface. It will look kind of scummy, but it's just enchanted butter. Scoop it out and retain it in a bowl or a jar. The cannabutter can be used just like butter, in brownies or cake.
    how to collect resin from a bong
    1. just scrape it out with a pen knife (pocket knife). most of the resin is under the bowl in like the downstem.
    2. when you go to clean your bong , pour out the nasty water shit onto a coffee filter or a screen or panty hose to screen all the water through but keep the resin on the screen.
    how to clean a bong
    a safe (for your bong) and easy way is to get some isopropyl alcohol (at least 90% or better)and salt (any kind). now run water through your bong to rinse it and stuff. then pour some alcohol in it and some salt. plug all the holes and shake shake shake! then pour it out. then pour new alcohol and salt in there and clean it with a pipe cleaner.
    how to clean a pipe
    1. same way you clean a bong.
    2. get a bag and make sure you can fit you pipe in it. put it in. then pour isopropyl alcohol (91% or higher) into the bag. just enough to cover the pipe. then pour salt (any kind) into the bag. shake it alot and alot and alot. then you can take it out and let the alcohol evaporate from the bag and smoke the green stuff in the bag. thats like medium/low quality hash. or you can leave your pipe in there while it evaporates.
    how to smoke resin
    1. just try to smoke it through your bong/pipe. it will get hot and melt though so i wouldnt reccomend it.
    2. sprinkle it in your joint.
    3. sprinkle it on a joint or cig.
    4. melt it and put it on a joint or cig.

heres the scourses. some of it came from me. the rest was info from other places. i figured i would collect it and put it here.
    How to make hash
    How to Make Wicked Hash | Cannabis Culture Magazine
    http://forum.grasscity.com/seasoned-tokers/575980-lots-stems-want-keif-try.html

this took alot of time by the way. but i hope it helps someone :wave: :smoking::smoking:

2. please tell friends about it = ) i think theres alot of cool stuff in the thread. it took forever to make = D im so proud lol

3. dont smoke resin, that shit is pretty bad for u. I'll just stick to my nice green bud :smoking:

4. it may be bad but you can get high from it , and it burns quick. and you can use it in many ways. :hello:

5. Nice guide, although it would be much more formal and official looking if you used better punctuation (at least capitalize the first letter of a sentence). Either way, not bad.

And I'd rather have resin kill me than anything else on this damn planet, that's for sure.

6. Alright thanks For the tip. Ill go beack and capitalize it. I would rather have resin kill me too lol. If you dont clean your bong fungus and shit will grow in it. And theres resin already in it. A dirty bong with fungus can kill you or severely fuck you up.

7. THATS NASTY. dont make a guide for smoking res. its mostly tar and a tiny bit of left over canabinoids.. and it taste like shit.

8. Some of the stuff i copied and pasted. Most of it was me typing.

9. Its not a guide about smoking res. Thats one little part of it. If you smoke cigs you get more tar than that in like a pack or less depending on what kind you smoke.

10. Hey nice guide on the first hash part. I gotta agree though resin is nasty, but when your out and wanna get high it works. I know I have scrapped a few pipes in my day, never let my bong go more then a couple days without cleaning it so never get much there.

11. Favorite part... How to smoke resin.
    The first rule is "just try and smoke it" but I don't reccomend it.

12. sure shit. see when it gets hot it kinda melts. thats why i dont reccomend it but yeah you can "just try and smoke it".

13. see this is what i mean. resin IS nasty lol but if you want to get high it will get the job done :hello:
    also shine , ive seen your grow journal. good job! :):)

14. I'll be honest it isn't the greatest guide to cross the cities path but its still ok. Work on making more heading, sub headings and number the steps and shit.

It'll just make it better and easier to read.

15. yeah i need to make some edits. i copied and pasted some of the stuff but i made most of it. its NOT the best one but i thought it was some useful info. i liked some of the stuff in it like how to get the fairy dust (trichomes) off your stems. its better than throwing them away lol = )

16. there we go , i edited a little! = D hope you like it guys!

17. now repost the entire guide and make it in a proper format AND THEN you get a vote for sticky(but take out that res part) and rep. okay?!

18. i will try to when i get the chance. im busy studying weed. i will soon make a bigger thread :devious: muahahaha :hello::hello:

19. ive never thought to put resin on my cig im wondering if the grossness would be outweighed by the potential level of baked

20. Nice guide. +1