Biden #46

Discussion in 'Politics' started by well highdrated, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Don't worry, the Dems are going to pay for this monumental act of election stealing. Between the 70 million Republicans who feel cheated, and the ANTIFA, BLM, etc., who went into the street and created riots and mayhem to terrorize the country and now want a piece of the pie from the Democrats, they've earned a lot of hatred and are totally screwed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Or about the amount of people that live in south and north Dakota, Nebraska and Iowa combined and we could probably throw in Wyoming for good measure.

But you know, who cares about popular vote. Just a coincidence that every single shitty president we've ever had has been handed to us by electoral college.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Fuck votes in general.

But, do you know why there is an electoral college instead of popular vote?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lol.. FYI.. they are doing an official recount in georgia.. georgia officials said.. due to a large amount of voter fraud... This will be the state that wakes up the rest of the world, to that, 10s of thousands of votes not only can be stollen, but was stollen.. meaning there will be a full recount,state by state, or, a re-voting process.. at which point Dems will refuse ,saying republicans refuse to relinquish power, and tout, he is not our president,act as if biden harris is.. and for the next four years set up a office for them as if there the president of the other people.. creating a bigger divide.. lol inevitably causing a civil war.. that's what I forsee

Sent from my moto e using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Gawd, let it go already. There is absolutely no evidence of this. You are out of your head with fear my friend. This is a little of what went on today with the Republican lawyers TRYING to prove their point of election fraud. The judge just wasn't having it.
    Trump lawyers suffer embarrassing rebukes from judges over voter fraud claims

But as scenes in courtrooms nationwide in recent days have shown, there is indeed a downside for those tasked with pursuing these claims. Repeatedly now, they have been rebuked by judges for how thin their arguments have been.

The most famous scene came in Pennsylvania, where a Trump lawyer strained to avoid acknowledging that their people were, in fact, allowed to observe the vote-counting process in Philadelphia:

AD

At the city’s federal courthouse on Thursday evening, attorneys for Trump asked a judge to issue an emergency order to stop the count, alleging that all Republican observers had been barred.
    Under sharp questioning from Judge Paul S. Diamond, however, they conceded that Trump in fact had “a nonzero number of people in the room,” leaving Diamond audibly exasperated.
    “I’m sorry, then what’s your problem?” asked Diamond, who was appointed to the federal bench by President George W. Bush. Denying Trump’s request, Diamond struck a deal for 60 observers from each party to be allowed inside.
    At one point on Friday afternoon, 12 Republican observers and five Democrats were watching the count, according to a ballot counter who was working.
    After that “nonzero” answer, Diamond pressed the Trump campaign lawyer to be more explicit — and he suggestively invoked their standing with the bar: “I’m asking you as a member of the bar of this court: Are people representing the plaintiffs in the room?” The lawyer responded more directly: “Yes.” By the end of the hearing, Diamond invoked his right to make sure lawyers in his courtroom acted in good faith.

The transcript from one of Trump’s legal challenges is fascinating. The judge trying to get to the bottom of whether they WERE allowed to have observers:

Judge : “Are your observers in the counting room?”

Trump lawyer: "There's a non-zero number of people in the room.”

— Man vs Baby (@mattcoyney) November 6, 2020
    Another Trump lawyer, Jonathan S. Goldstein, was also grilled by a Pennsylvania judge this week. Under questioning, he acknowledged that, contrary to Trump’s claims about rampant voter fraud, he wasn’t alleging fraud in the 592 ballots he sought to disqualify in Montgomery County, Pa.

Again, Trump’s lawyer strained to avoid directly answering the question but was ultimately forced to acknowledge it:

THE COURT: In your petition, which is right before me — and I read it several times — you don’t claim that any electors or the Board of the County were guilty of fraud, correct? That’s correct?
    GOLDSTEIN: Your Honor, accusing people of fraud is a pretty big step. And it is rare that I call somebody a liar, and I am not calling the Board of the [Democratic National Committee] or anybody else involved in this a liar. Everybody is coming to this with good faith. The DNC is coming with good faith. We’re all just trying to get an election done. We think these were a mistake, but we think they are a fatal mistake, and these ballots ought not be counted.
    THE COURT: I understand. I am asking you a specific question, and I am looking for a specific answer. Are you claiming that there is any fraud in connection with these 592 disputed ballots?
    GOLDSTEIN: To my knowledge at present, no.
    THE COURT: Are you claiming that there is any undue or improper influence upon the elector with respect to these 592 ballots?
    GOLDSTEIN: To my knowledge at present, no.
    The Trump campaign also sought to temporarily stop counting some ballots in Detroit. It cited a GOP poll watcher who had said she had been told by an unidentified person that late mail ballots were being predated to before Election Day, so they would be considered valid.

The judge repeatedly asserted this was hearsay, but Trump campaign lawyer Thor Hearne sought to argue that it wasn’t — despite it having been someone who said they heard about something they weren’t personally involved in. He pointed to a vague note the poll watcher produced — which said “entered receive date as 11/2/20 on 11/4/20” — as evidence:

STEPHENS: So I want to make sure I understand you. The affiant is not the person who had knowledge of this. Is that correct?
    HEARNE: The affiant had direct firsthand knowledge of the communication with the elections inspector and the document they provided them.
    STEPHENS: Okay, which is generally known as hearsay, right?
    HEARNE: I would not think that’s hearsay, Your Honor. That’s firsthand personal knowledge by the affiant of what she physically observed. And we included an exhibit which is a physical copy of the note that she was provided.
    The two later returned to the point, after Stephens reviewed the note, and Stephens echoed Judge Diamond’s exasperation:

STEPHENS: I’m still trying to understand why this isn’t hearsay.
    HEARNE: Well, it’s, it, I –
    STEPHENS: I absolutely understand what the affiant says she heard someone say to her. But the truth of the matter … that you’re going for was that there was an illegal act occurring. Because other than that I don’t know what its relevancy is.
    HEARNE: Right. I would say, Your Honor, in terms of the hearsay point, this is a firsthand factual statement made by Ms. Connarn, and she has made that statement based on her own firsthand physical evidence and knowledge --
    STEPHENS: “I heard somebody else say something.” Tell me why that’s not hearsay. Come on, now.
    HEARNE: Well it’s a firsthand statement of her physical –
    STEPHENS: It’s an out-of-court statement offered where the truth of the matter is asserted, right?
    In a later written decision, Stephens slammed the argument as “inadmissible hearsay within hearsay.” And after the campaign appealed, a Michigan appeals court rebuked it Monday for not including required documentation.

AD
    “I regret to inform you that your submission is defective,” the court wrote said, outlining the missing attachments.

And so, the Trump week in court begins.... pic.twitter.com/Aa0ubPUaFW

— Marc E. Elias (@marceelias) November 9, 2020
    Another of the Trump team’s claims crumbled rather quickly in Georgia.

In Chatham County, as in Michigan, the Trump campaign cited supposed evidence that 53 late ballots may have been predated so they could be counted. Except two witnesses they called acknowledged under oath that they didn’t know whether the ballots were received after the deadline. And two others for the local board of elections testified that they were, in fact, received on time.

Judge James Bass dismissed the case in a one-sentence, eight-word ruling, saying, “I’m denying the request and dismissing the petition” and abruptly adjourned the hearing. He then elaborated in a written opinion, saying that “the Court finds that there is no evidence that the ballots referenced in the petition were received after 7:00 p.m. on election day, thereby making those ballots invalid. Additionally, there is no evidence that the Chatham County Board of Elections or the Chatham County Board of Registrars has failed to comply with the law.”

The common thread running through all of these is that Trump’s lawyers are regularly offering a significantly more watered-down version of Trump’s claims about rampant voter fraud — because they, unlike Trump, have to substantiate their claims. And as these exchanges show, it’s a rather thankless task that can quickly land them on a judge’s bad side.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. #386 garrison68, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    I'm not out of my head with fear, it's the Democrats that are in the hot seat, and they don't even know it yet. They TRIED to make everybody afraid, but the terrorism that they produced, which was somewhat effective, didn't inspire enough fear in enogh Trump supporters make them give Biden the landslide that he was hoping for. Even if Biden is declared the President, he will be so weakened from Republican and far left strength against him, things will be better for Trump supporters, than if he (Trump) had won.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. Uh huh, sure. The "Orange Tubby" lost. That's the way it goes. Life moves on. The cheating thing is just the administrations paranoia of bullshit. Every law suit gets tossed. That signals to the "Orange Tubby" that he is on the way out. It isn't going to change. Biden is the next president. Fuck Trump the Chump.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Maybe the Republicans should scream China Collusion for the next 3 years

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Trump will be out of the picture, no sense dwelling on the past. It is BLM, ANTIFA, etc. that will expect a big piece of the pie. They put their lives on the line, by rioting, creating fear and terror, and I have a feeling that it's not going to go well for Biden and the rest of the Democratic Party for a long time unless they reward and promote those that helped him the Democrats to win. We had relative peace, very good security, and a very good economy, for the three years of Trump's presidency, preceding Covid. Let's see how Biden does on each of those issues.

• Like Like x 1
  10. aside from whatever issues will continue with trump the real manifestation of the biden/harris team will quickly materialize. there's fracture within the dnc, the progressives will be demanding their due, and i predict a lot of the dnc supporters are going to be screaming "what in the hell!".

the next two months will be telling but they are going to be tough for us all. i'm not sure anyone is going to emerge unscathed by the time this all ends... even including all the way out to 2024. there will certainly be plenty of opportunity for spirited discourse in these threads.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I just don't see this happening garrison. And at this stage the democrats are five plus million so it's going to harder and harder for Trump's lawyers to find the numbers to fight this. I honestly hope they don't find one credible piece of fraud and I'm all for punitive action for those that cheat.

What are you talking about when you say the dems TRIED to make everyone afraid? The very small group of looters and rioters terrorist? That's laughable. Take a look at what terrorism looks like. [​IMG]

And whooptidodah for you to feel all strong and empowered due to your almighty leader who you pledge allegiance to.

Jesus garrison, listen to yourself man. Are you wanting a war in America?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. #392 garrison68, Nov 12, 2020
    The Democrats allowed and encouraged ANTFA and BLM people to gather in large groups, while the city and state governments closed churches, banned weddings, etc. The Democrats and the Unions had the Occupy Wall Street people ten years ago, as useful idiots and they did the same thing this time, on a larger and more violent scale. These people are too young and ignorant to know when they're being taken advantage of by Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, etc. Even AOC is saying that she is thinking of quitting politics. The Bernie supporters are angry. It's going to be interesting, to see how the Democrats handle these people I hope that the Republicans do not come down too hard on the Democrats, the way the Dems did on Trump for four years. I'd much rather watch the Democratic Party get taken to the cleaners by their own, many members of whom are as young as one fourth the age of Biden and Pelosi.

13. #393 WeedCat, Nov 12, 2020
    The dems encouraged nothing. We watched all this unfold just like you did. What makes you think Antifa is democrats anyway? Anarchist don't tend to go for any party and even hate the whole party thing.

And BLM, the marching, the speeches, the peaceful protest, yes, I fully support the BLM movement. I feel pissed off too that cops racial profile, harass, and kill without enough thought and sometimes with clear intent. It's a sickening feeling to know we have evil fucks in the police force. I will say that I know plenty good cops too so I know they are not all this way.

Regarding that last bit, I have mentioned this before that it's more like Trump will eat his own. We all know how many people in his own cabinet he's thrown under the bus. Fired them on Twitter. Berated them if they didn't pledge allegiance to him. But now that he's lost, he just may turn on his supporters and feel like they didn't vote hard enough, bigly enough, you get the point. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  14. #394 ChiefRunningPhist, Nov 12, 2020
    And the cycle continues...

To many it's not about policy ect, politics to the average citizen is more like a competitive athletic league where you have your favorite team and players that you root for and attach your emotions too so when they win you feel good and when they lose (to your rival) you're upset, ect. It doesn't matter if the coach rapes his fans or a career white collar criminal, ect, as long as your team wins, especially against your rival is all that matters. If the rival wins then the refs were cheating, or the opponent was using weighted gloves, ect. One person admitted that the new president would probably be good for them. So what's the real issue? Imo the middle finger to the world is all about their team losing to the rival squad. To switch sides is betrayal and sacrilege. 4 yrs ago the left were snowflakes and the right were "tough" and could handle the real world ect, now the roles have reversed... and the cycle continues...

Gotta stop throwing our vote away based on who pissed us off online (or wherever) and who they like, gotta start looking at policy and who is being effected and who is benefiting ect and start voting to get things that you want to have while you're alive for the few years we're here. I'd like to live in a country with free Wi-Fi and free electricity and public paid college and universal healthcare, better police training and pay, more mental health responders, judicial and drug reform, increased k-12 school funding (for better teacher pay and teachers + supplies and facilities), ect ect. Raise taxes on ppl making over $300k/yr, tax wealth, tax wall street. Solar & wind pay for itself in time so it's "virtually" free. Upgrading grid creates jobs and high paying. When the gov buys big the economy booms. Create a pandemic agency. Subsidize electric cars because 0 emissions and after renewable grid is up then fuel recharges become free. Tax automation. Raise min wage. Look into renewable energy desalination plants to start piping water to dry farm states. More jobs and subsidizes national food supply ect. Get rid of electoral college and go popular vote. Standardize redistricting. Look into block chain voting. Create laws to charge and fine efforts and instances of misinformation if its brought to court. Perhaps special misinformation officers that you can report to. Make web platforms liable for their users misinformation content. Limit campaign spending. Get rid of super PAC. Start a policy where congress people are paid for life (decent, like $150k/yr in today's dollars) but they can't accept or make any other money. Can't start a business or consult on behalf of a business or even attempt to communicate with a business or its leadership ect except when they are called under oath for a congressional hearing. Once you are elected a public servant you are taken care of forever, but you can't abuse your position for personal gain when the only money you can have is given to you and regulated and its illegal to communicate with industry outside of congressional oversight. Its a sacrifice but you're also compensated. Presedential campaigns are publicly funded and limited so that each winning their respective primaries are given equal money and chances. Limit the amounts per donation as well as the total cummaltive donation amount in primary and congressional races. If you need information from a business or industry rep ect for your policy design, then they are called to a congressional hearing where everyone can hear the info and see the exchange, otherwise back door meetings with lobbyists and reps is illegal. Cancel religious tax exemption. Time to smoke again lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Brrrr sure is getting chilly in here...
    MatureWigglyGlassfrog-max-1mb.gif
    Lol (I couldn't resist)

I can garuntee extremist antifa voted against trump considering he's the reason they formed. I can also garuntee that every white supremacist and racist and white nationalist, ect, voted trump. We can compare extremists all day long. The only one fear mongering is you @garrison68 and you're dismissing the reason for and the catalyst sitting in the white house, where's the evidence @nowuseemenowudont? I'll give him the time to produce some sort of evidence, but after a month or so if there's nothing found, it's time to admit the seemingly obvious. 5.3M happens to be the ~equivalent population of these 6 red states, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wyoming, Alaska, and Maine (as @WeedCat was saying). They make up about 30% of the total US land mass. Out of 59 elections, Biden's 5M+ victory ranks as the 16th largest margin. LBJ, Nixon, Reagan, and FDR all had 11M+ margins.

Popular vote margin...
    List of United States presidential elections by popular vote margin - Wikipedia

State Populations...
    State Population by Rank

• Like Like x 1
  16. #396 jerry111165, Nov 12, 2020
    BLM co-founder sends message to Biden: 'We want something for our vote'

Black Lives Matter won the election, but they don't see Biden as a savior

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Oh so the same shit that's already been happening

KDA made a new song! :3

18. #398 garrison68, Nov 12, 2020
    Your Uptonian dream of "free stuff for everybody" is just that - a dream. In a nation that is built on capitalism. when you overtax those who own industries and employ people, they will pack up and move elsewhere, or find another way to keep the cash flow. This causes unemployment, homelessness, crime, and unhappiness. If we do as you suggest, this will be the result.

The choices are: Drive out businesses and ramp up misery, or allow our economy to flourish and celebrate our accomplishments with an increasingly higher, across the board standard of living for most everybody.

19. Wow..lol.. hearing you all believe, so blinded in people, sheep... Lmao

Sent from my moto e using Grasscity Forum mobile app