Bicep curls going down??

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by TwiztidToker24, Dec 5, 2011.

1. So I had Een working out for months and bicep curls were a regular part of my routine each week. At first I was doing a split routine, Monday arms, Wednesday legs/shoulders, and Friday back. Now I do a 3 day routine that is for the most part full body, but each day focuses on a different group more more. Anyways at the end of my first workout stretch I was curling 40lbs. Now I am only barely able to curl 35lbs properly. I am doing pull ups before but win a long real in between the two exercises. Are my arms getting weaker if I can't curl as much?

2. It's not that your arms have gotten weaker I think it's because you switched up your routine. When you switch the exercises you are doing you are working a slightly different part of the muscle and your body is not used to it. So when you go from the new exercise to curls you will notice a decrease b/c your body worked harder on the last set. This is a good thing. It just means you are working a slightly different muscle on your arms/legs/w.e.

Also I encourage you to work on muscle endurance. Strength doesn't mean anything if you can't keep it up for an extended period of time. I hope you get what I meant :laughing:

Bruce Lee is my idol for working out lol. He is just like my physique (weight,height,etc) and he is so much stronger compared to me, yet we have relatively the same physique. Bruce Lee wasn't all strength. If you notice his muscles they aren't big bulky things like you see at most gyms. One person said they were like "warm granite".

Muscle endurance makes it so you can last when you are working out.

I would suggest looking into/maybe adding some of exercises to your routine.

/RANT :laughing: