bic lighter exploding???

Discussion in 'General' started by letsmokeasweet, Feb 9, 2013.

1. has anyone ever hit a bowl and tapped the weed with the bottom of a lighter and the lighter eploded?

i have a bad habit of doing this after i hit it to keep it from burning and i always wondered if the burnng weed is hot enough to melt a hole though the lighter and ignite the fuel.....

2. I've been around a while and I've always used the bottom of my lighter to reconfigure the bowl-pack and nothing like that has ever happened

3. use your common sense, its only gonna burn a hole in a lighter if u leave the lighter on the burning bud for like atleast 30 seconds haha
    I wouldnt worry about it :p
    and if you really want just tap it with the metal part of the lighter thats what I do sometimes

4. once used a shitty see through lighter to cap a bowl while smoking a bong. Shit blew up and scared the fuck outta me. weed and ashes all over the place!

5. i'm pretty sure it would be a bad scenario

6. No its not hot enough to melt the plastic.But the image of that happening is crazy.

7. if you want to blow up a lighter you can just smash it to the ground or a wall as hard as you can .... or microwave it

8. No if I have to touch the weed I use a paper clip. One time my friend threw a lighter and it blew up and it scared the shit out of me.

9. This sounds like a job for the mythbusters.

But, my guess would be that it's highly unlikely, leaning towards impossible.

10. That's why you only use quality products

11. bic is kinda good quality...its gets better then that????

12. Yes, there's refillable metal butane lighters. The chances of THOSE blowing up are slim to none. :wave:

13. Bic is not good quality, it's mass produced, and made to simply work very successfully.

But, you see the yellow and orange in the flame? That's uncombusted butane.

Torch lighters are much better to use, in terms of quality and health, for smoking weed.

14. There has been a debate on whether torch lighters are better for smoking weed, as the hotter the flame the more cannabinoids you instantly destroy. What are your thoughts? :wave:

15. Hold heat source away from bowl. Can control the heat much more efficiently with a little practice than you could with the unreliable and inconsistent flame on a bic. Torch lighter is consistent, regardless of wind, and fully combusts the butane.

16. yea those free crappy ones from the smoke shop?

yea i had those blow up just by tapping it
    everytime it scares the shit outa me to lol

17. I never really got into smoking so I wouldn't know that. I used to use hemp wick with my bics, but now I vape so I didn't look into it further :p

18. lighters are actually pretty difficult to explode. especially Bics since they are built better than your average dollar store lighter.

i went through a pyro phase as a teen and blew all types of shit up. it took at least 5 throws at a brick wall to blow up a lighter.

besides the burning bud is not hot enough to melt through the plastic and FYI butane is a cold substance so it keeps the lighter cool.

Trust me, im a scientist.

19. Yup, hempwick burns at a lower temperature than lighters, so it's safer to hold the flame loser, but Bic's need to be held muh further away, but the flame is so inconsistent it's hard to accurately do the same thing every time, a torch eliminates the inconsistency. But if you were to hold it too close, it would definitely torch your buds too fast.

I've always wanted a torch, maybe I should look into buying one. But I vape 95% of the time now, so it'd just be another stoner waste of money :p

20. never had a lighter explode from tapping my bowls down.