Bi Polar disorder?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by tazo18, Jul 10, 2008.

1. I was reading some of the symptoms but was unclear on alot of them so I just figured I would explain to you guys what I feel and see if you guys think I might be Bi polar?

I do have extreme mood swings but one of the tell tale sighns was often depression? I am not depressed really ever but occasionally I am down.

However I can go from feeling just ehh to ecstatic just completly and utterly happy with everything I have (Even if its bad) and that can also happen with anger like if something scares me I just feel rage and want to destroy it?

Do you guys think I might be Bi polar?

2. you need to ask an expert, self diagnosis is dangerous, and a expert will interview you and determine the best course of action, look for county services if u got no $

3. Especially the "destroy it" part, I get that from time to time too. Just wanna blow stuff up! I would check with a doctor, sounds like you might have something going on that they could treat.

Consider yourself lucky you don't feel much of the depressive side. Uggghhhh.

4. It doesn't sound like you would be bi-polar, but it's best to go see a shrink if it bothers you.

It basically consists of your energy not being divided equally. At times you'd be hyper-active and/or manic, which isn't really a good feeling. The up-part might be somewhat happy as well, but in general, it's not that nice since you can't control it.
    You said frequent depression is a tell.tale sign, but it's not. It's different for everybody. Some have more ups and some more downs. I have a "pear shaped" (wtf, i know) version of it, which means there are more downs and the peaks are short, sweet and agsty haha.

Then again, it might just be your personality ;) I mean, we can be strange, sad, angry etc. without it having to be some mental disorder. I even doubt my own state sometimes, and I have chosen not to think about it too much. You don't want to end up labelling your personality with a disorder.

5. It should affect your life in order to class it as a proper mental illness- if you're still able to do things that a normal person would do on a day to day basis without it affecting you then it's just a variation of normal.

If you find that some days you can't get up in the morning and you have no energy and find no pleasure in anything and then other days you go out and spend all the money you have on books and doing stuff you regret like giving away your house (maybe extreme examples but you get the idea)... then yeah you might be.

(From what friends have told me... I don't think you are- my psych rotation doesn't start till next march, though.)

6. Yes true true I have never not been able to get up in the morning. Thanks again everyone