Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BHO / Wax oil compared to Flowers

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by zouroff, Jan 20, 2016.

1. I would estimate that a gram of a high quality extract would be equivalent to a quarter or maybe even a half ounce of bud, a little dab will do ya and a gram goes a long way. On average these concentrates contain anywhere from 70%-90% THC and typically have a higher CBD content ranging from 1%-4% which is great for pain relief. ( taken from the Internet) "not my information"

Is this true? If not then how much would you estimate some high quality wax be compared to the amount of bud?

2. Usually about a 10% yield so 1G of wax = 10G of Flower

3. fuck yea

4. similar to saying a fifth of vodka = 30 pack of beers

You can compare all you want, but taking away is still less than the more. In terms of duration 1g will smoke up 10x faster than 10g, because 1 < 10.

As far as potency of THC goes, more condensed crystals in one smaller package gives a higher yield of crystals. But more flower gives more flower.

5. Are you trying to say you smoke a gram of concentrate at the same pace as a gram of bud. And your logic behind it is that a gram is a gram?

6. #6 cashewmilk, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
    he's saying that if you smoke the 10g (or drink 30 beers,) you'll be high for a long time (I'm assuming he means longer than the time you'd be high off one gram of buds.) Just like drinking a 5th of more concentrated alcohol will get you more drunk with less, smoking one gram of concentrates will get you higher more quickly and in a very condensed state.

Now the argument is will 10 grams of buds get you higher than 1 gram of concentrates. (His case was for)

And I think that the man is right for the most part. I can take a .5 gram dab and feel out of this world for a couple hours, but I would never even attempt to smoke 10 grams of buds. I would get so high that my tolerance just didn't let me get high for the next few days or I would get sick.

In the grand scheme of things, I'd say a gram of wax won't last as long as 10 grams if you're doing a single session type thing. And it won't get you as high vs. 10 grams of buds if you're doing a single session. (In my experience, at least) I have a decent tolerance, but a gram of dank buds will regularly get me high just because it is so much. I usually use a bong, so a gram is enough for a few bowls at least. Using the 10% yield formula, .1 gram of wax will not get me as high as if I smoked 1 gram of buds.

This is all using my experience however and may be different for some people.

7. No more like if you put consumption on a graph of time, a gram is going to disappear 10x faster than 10 grams, for the purpose of consumption. If a stoner can take one bong hit and be done for the day, great for him. But for the average stoner, one bong hit leads to another.... and before you know it your stash is depleted.

8. Yes a gram of bud will dissappear 10x faster than 10 grams of bud. But 1 gram of oil will not be consumed at the same rate.

9. very true. everyone has an appetite for something of their own taste. As for chasing highs, flowers get there first and what's left behind is their sticky, oily concentrated trichs, which for some I assume is just as valuable, if not more so.

Just out of curiosity, which method do you use to consume your oil/wax? An above poster said he could take a .5g dab and feel roasted. But then another .5 dab and then the whole 1g is gone, so how would one feel about finishing the whole portion of goods if it only lasts 2 sessions? I've never personally bought into the vape scene because bongs and buds are too lucrative of an offer for me to pass up.

10. #10 Dr.Fumbles, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016

No one takes half gram dabs as the norm. He is trying to puff his chest and look cool on grasscity. A normal gram can last anywhere from 20-50 dabs depending on the smoker. A gram of oil normally makes me 25-30 dabs doing about 10-15 a day. I smoke everything out of my minitube with a quave club banger. And 1 dab will get me higher than a gram blunt to the face everytime.

11. For the sake of puffing my chest, I should argue and say that I never said I do it often. I don't. But for the purpose of the argument beforehand, if I wanted to feel the same way after taking a .5g dab, I wouldn't need five grams of bud. The statement was for a reference.