Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BHO vs Hash. Is there really that much of a difference?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by hellomoto1985, Feb 19, 2014.

1. It would seem to me that it takes a lot more equipment and butane to make BHO than it does to make some good hash. Plus, there are some dangers with making BHO that you don't get with traditional iso hash.

So why has BHO become such a craze today and is it really much better than hash?

What are the chances after purging there will be some residual butane in the BHO? Is there a way to test the amount compared to residue left over from using iso?

2. its less labor intensive to produce bho then moroccan style pressed hash.

i think its more popular then bubble due to cost of bubble bags? idk.

3. Dabbing bho is a whole lot better than any other concentrate.

4. i disagree. extremely high quality dry sift all the way

5. #5 Doc-J, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    I agree, i dont care for the solvent extracts. Too much of a pita. Dry hash can be sprinkled on just about anything.

6. Which is completely different from dabbing. Butane is the most compatible solvent and has one of the highest yields

7. highest yield sure but i dont really care about the yield. I would rather have a better tasting, easier to use form of hash.

8. Most people these days care about yield (in that most growers also sell) with BHO you get both a good yield and high quality product, if processed and purged correctly. I have gotten way higher from dabs than edibles, hash, or flowers. Most people are beginning to use BHO a lot more and people that use their money to buy a real dab rig often enjoy dabs more at night which is when most people smoke anyway, they're very good for pain and sleep aid.

9. ive been dabbling in bho for about a year now and whenever i see some hash i usually go for it. my number 1 is always flower, but i do like a hash or bho hit everyone in a while. dont think it willl ever be my main method of consumption, but rounds out my usage quite nicely. at the moment ive got about 1.5 g's of bho, and about a .5 g of some gorgeous blonde hash.

10. For me it comes down to what really gets me high and that is hands down, good wax.

ISO, water, bubble, none of them compare to a well made batch of nug run BHO.

As far as butane being left in the wax, maybe. It comes down to the purge and how well it's done. Even then there is still a chance I suppose.

11. Ethanol>butane

12. Hash is made from resin or trichomes, while oil is extracted from buds (or the whole plant). Consequently, I believe the oil has more cannabinoids and therefore more medical uses than hash.

13. Thats not true at all