Bho Vacuum Purge System?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by DabsOnTopDabs, Feb 21, 2013.

1. oh ok cool thanks! ill keep you posted how it comes out

2. Like when I try to get it off three pad it doesn't want to budge. ..
    I don't know if it's because it's spread to thin or what... but I thought it was done after about 36 hours .. it was only about 4 grams...
    I spent over an hour transferring it into parchment...
    I have parchment but it's not uhh bleached....I spray into a Pyrex...
    The transfer to the pad is fine... but when I take it out its a thin sheet of concentrate that is completely stuck. ..I basically heated it up and scrapped the slick pad and transferred to parchment. .. then made it a thicker slab with heat. ... and it's funny because I thought it was done but tastes funny so I threw it back in and it muffin up huge again!
    I am leaving it in there all day again and it was in all night.
    Maybe I will just use parchment all the way?
    Make thicker slab so I can handle it. .. and flip and flip. ..
    Input?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. Is there any way it would take more than 48 hours. ..I just wanna be sure im not fucking this up ... for such little quantities compared to all the recordings on these forums I feel I may be doing this not as efficiently as possible

4. Maybe it's just me but I feel like after 48 hours and then it looking clean, it shouldn't muffin up as much as it did as per photo when I put it back in the vacuum

5. Its like it muffins...but the bubble don't pop...my oil is in the 90s im really stumped. ..I will know after work if its doing anything whatsoever

6. It's as if the bubbles aren't really poppin when it's being heated and vacuumed at the same time

7. they are popping, you're just impatient. how long of a time period is this? sometimes its like watching grass grow, you wont see much.

it will muffin any time you aggitate it or flip it because you're trapping air, but you want this, this is what helps pulls solvent out. some people purge for 72hr but thats larger runs. you should be fine after this last purge

The pads are a joke IMO so I would say stop using them, parchment is the way to go. Its thinner so it has better heat transfer to your oil and its much easier to handle the oil on parchment.

8. thank you - i will be posting a detailed thread of my first 2 runs in the original bho thread by stupid stuff that elaborated on my issues . I will get it soon! - I would love for you to look at it and see where I am maybe doing something wrong!

9. mason jars are definitely made to hold a vacuum, it's actually the principal on which the lid seals to the jar when canning at home. It also has to do a lot with why the food stays fresh so long. The way would I agree with you, a mason jar is not an ideal vacuum chamber, and in all seriousness even for 1-3 grams it's still not going to be big enough. Save up, spend the $300 and get a real set up, I'm broke as broke as broke, and I don't have a vacuum chamber or pump yet but I'm more than plan on getting one within the next year. It's a necessity if you wanna make high quality extracts in an array of different textures, and also make sure that you have fully purged, and that your product is safe for consumption.

10. I'm going to catch so much flack for saying this I know it, but next time you have a similar problem getting your extract off of your slick pad or parchment, place the pad/parchment in the freezer until your concentrate becomes brittle, then simply flake off onto your desired surface or container.

11. I just made bubble hash. I just bought a Flower Tower to male oil. Though, I would like to make shatter. Does anyone know if I can achieve that without buying more hardware? If not, what do I need? Also, since I'm new at that I'll need a guide...any suggestions?

12. the hell is a flower tower?

13. I think this https://www.superflowertower.com

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. oooooooooohhhh one of those.... Thats probably best for cooking oil

15. There's a 6 minute video on YouTube about it. Came out real dark.

Looked like the alcohol evap'd into this container for reuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Hey guys i was wondering the same thing !!? What should i run it at ? I wanna make shatter ,,
    2.5 gl chamber , lmk any help or guides to this!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404832616.455189.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404832638.571282.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. I know you say that 25-15 is good. But I'm going to be annoying and ask; Is 25 good enough for personal sized batches up to a quarter pound in material to be extracted? or should I look into getting something closer to 15?

18. 25 is fine. even 50 would work but 25 micron pumps are so easy to get you might as well get one.

19. Will this work?

Attached Files: