Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BHO ran weed, used in edibles?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by guesswhat, Mar 14, 2015.

1. I've got a bit of weed that was used in a BHO run. After that it has sat in a brown paper bag, dark, non-humid place for a few months.

Can this be used to make cannabutter? I don't see why it wouldn't be safe, I doubt there is residual butane after months of sitting out... but I want to double check with anyone who has done it or heard more about it. Figure I can use a lot of this weed with a little butter to make some, still very potent, butter for edibles.

2. First off, if you ran it correctly - there should not be anything left in that bud. (THC.CBD.)

Secondly, why on earth would you want to make edibles with bud that could even possibly be contaminated with butane.

3. True but I doubt it was ran to the point nothing was left. I was just curious because I found a half pound of this super dry stuff. Before I flush it down the toilet I just wanted to see what others had to say.

Thanks for the reply, I figured it was better to not risk it.

4. If you really want to get "the rest" out, your best chance would be to run it again imo.

5. I let my stuff sit out till its bone dry again then do an ISO run. Let it sit for an hour. Don't chill anything. Then I use a heat purge in decent temp to get anything out. It draws out anything left plus lots of chlorophyll. It'll be nice and green. Then I add coco butter. If it has nothing it'll at least have the chlorophyll which is good to eat. That along with lots of reclaim has made for some good edibles for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Reclaim?

And OP how did it work out? No one is saying anything on the quality and potency. Also at 240F for the decarb stage I think all butane thats left will be gone. it evaporates at room temp already. I want to do it alone for the fact to see how efficient BHO is.