BHO question different colors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by realdealz28, Feb 28, 2017.

1. I did both them exactly the same....
    I double bath in hot water till no more bubbles almost 24 hrs barely stirring but occasionally you have too... So that's what gets confusing

2. But the gold hands down taste like candy and is crazy strong

3. I always seemed to have inconsistent results with bho. I pretty much stick to qwiso now. Lower yeild, but better, more consistent product.

4. Wow really....I tried ISO few times threw it away BC was no where near the BHO....Wow see that really confuses me

5. ISO just didn't taste very good to me and had that dark dark look almost black every time... Just not appealing look to me

6. If it's dark, you're doing it wrong.

7. It made dark BHO also.... And I know I'm not doing it wrong....99% ISO 30-45 secs in jar shaking a lil not much, strain thru coffee filter then let sit out till fully evaporated

8. Hands down 99%population and dispensery will tell you BHO the better one for dabbing.....
    I was told by few of them that ISO better for consumption..... Maybe I'm wrong.... If others chime in and agree im wrong I'll admit it until then...

That's my story... And I'm sticking to it !!!!!lol

9. My qwiso is always light, translucent amber.

10. Amber means it's decarbed

11. That may be true normally... but I don't decarb when I run qwiso. I get the flower to the consistency I want, freeze it in a a jar for 24 hours and then I run it.

12. Right now just like with what you said.

That may be normal but I didn't do it wrong...

Each plant has different size crystals and color... It depends on when you take it and if u cure it that will change color too....I just know I do it step by step right..

My pic in post shows same plants different times, one was cured outer not but no biggie... Thanks for trying BUDdy

13. You're definitely right about that.. different plants will produce different end products. You could try what I do with a little of yours if you want... I find that the normal 30 to 45 seconds of gentle swirling is too much because people don't take into account the additional time that the ISO is contact with the herb while it is being pored and strained. So what I do is one run with only 15 seconds of shaking and then I refill the jar with ISO and run the same flower again for 25-35 seconds.. this basically gives me an A and a B run.. the A run is always super pure and beautiful, the B run has more impurities but is good for edibles or whatever. Or just stick wit BHO if you like.

14. Thanks for info BUDdy