BHO or budder?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by polukoff, Sep 30, 2010.

1. I do both, though I rarely make budder. I prefer the same process without the whipping to form nice compact crystals like in my sticky thread here in this section.

It's not all or nothing. I make BHO, QWISO, sifted kief hashish, hell I've even done hexane extractions. The later is nice for mass production because you can reclaim and reuse the hexane.

2. #22 polukoff, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2010
    Never said anything bout ur epertise old, Im just curious why you like iso instead of other hashes, especially being a grower. I only wash whole nugs not ground, same with butane, pointless to grind ur herb when iso and butane penetrates solid buds. And Ive done extensive tests between ground and whole nugs.

I do vac purge alot of my oil to get out any remaining butane, high pressure vaccuum is only way to get clear oil. only one of my pictures wasn't vacc purged and it's obvious which one.

3. Agreed on whole buds. My shake/trimmings get sifted for kief, but my oils, no matter what method, are made with whole bud.

4. WoW....... tasty looking morsels !!

Kudos on your process.

-smokum

5. #25 polukoff, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2010
    ran another 150 grams of OGK today mostly trim with a few nugs. made into oil then made into edible pills, They are also flavoured, these were lemon, also did strawberry, and pineapple. havent tried em yet.
    One dish of oil in the vaccum being purged 1/6
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My proccess for making these is very complicated however you can make a canna-gel capsule this site sells everything required. I am not going to share my technique so do not ask. My friend sells these in cali and I'm not giving his technique away.

http://www.cannabrex.com/home.htm
    These have a goopy liquid inside them which is not transparent. Just as potent though.

6. Actually found a pic of ones a made from the website awhile back, from what I've heard they've improved their products though. So results might differ. And you gotta swallow these I like popping mine with my teeth to enjoy the hash/flavour.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. So i just finished my first batch of budder and it actually turned out quite nice, although i wish i wouldove kept whipping to make a solid chunk.

lots of thanks to polukoff for the advice :wave:

[​IMG]

8. Holy hell! Amazing thread and pics. Keep it up forever!

9. glad it all worked out shambles and thanks for the kind words purpsblower, dont know when I'm going to be making concentrates again cause I got over an ounce of hash and 50 hash pills. 49.....:devious:

10. Sweet :D

I approve! Not that it matters. I just like seeing people doing concentrates. We can agree or disagree on what methods are best but we agree on what's important, the love of the herb and the quality of a well made concentrate.

11. I just wish I had something other than OG Kush. definetally doing a variety of strains net year got a little ahead of myself with the kush clones last year. And I like the competitive nature of making concentrates, me and my friends are always competitive to make the best concentrates and we bash on each others product constantly. All you can look forward to when u dont work and live in the middle on nowhere. I'm never serious about my comments if I offend anyone, sometimes I get too fudge up and make an ass out of myself but who doesnt. Been benging on tincture(everclear) somedays and do some drunk/high posting.:hello:

12. With any sort of Kush or Afghan strain I'd probably mostly just sift for kief and make good old fashioned hashish. Sure it's not as potent as concentrates but it's so satisfying to smoke :smoking:

13. Has anyone tried Co2?Ive heard people using Co2 to make hash.They say its better then BHO.Idk i never seen Co2 hash or tried it.It must be a myth.

14. No it's not a myth, it is just expensive to do and requires special gear. It does make a very pure oil but I'm not sure anything can get much more pure than well made BHO or QWISO.

15. #35 full melt, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2010
    Word!

You have to go through certain channels to get the machinery to make co2 hash as well. Apparently they are very closely watched by the guv'ment. You would need to start an essential oils or perfume business to make it look legit. Not to mention the astronomical price of the machine.

All of this makes it incredibly hard to find. Most (if not all) of the stuff clubs sell labeled as c02 hash is just BHO but the clubs say it was extracted using c02 to avoid getting shit because they cant sell Butane extracted products anymore.

Anyways, this is the best thread ever.

16. Thats nice to know.I'ma stick with QWISO and bubble bag hash.The Co2 hash is not for me,but i would like to try some.

17. Don't you think if you got a paintball gun filled the barrel with bud and covered the top of the barrels with a cloth,coffee filter.Shot the Co2 threw the barrel and let the Co2 run down the barrel into the pyrex plate?The only tricky part would be to get the Co2 to separate from the oil.Would you do the same process as the BHO method?One more thing is paint ball Co2 safe for making hash?

18. Wouldn't even come close to working. Trust me the CO2 method isn't worth pursuing unless you have a lot of money to spend on equipment.

19. this is a great thread, ive been making some bho recently and i was wondering how you turn it into budder? or do you have to do something completely different to make the budder

20. Budder is made by starting with QWISO, not BHO, using whole, high quality bud from the beginning.