Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BHO MCT Oil Pills

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SupaaBaked, Sep 5, 2017.

1. I recently bought a bottle of MCT oil and figured it would be perfect for edibles aside from my normal daily use. I've been making my grandma brownies for her glaucoma but after a few months they haven't been working as well and I don't think she should be eating multiple brownies a day on top of her normal diet. My solution was greed dragon or cannacaps. Last time I made greed dragon my jar turned over in the water bath and turned into a bad day.

I bought 2g of some pretty good dabs. I just need the caps and lecithin and health food stores were closed today. I was going to put vegetable oil in a small pot and get the dabs to 250 degrees f in a pyrex measuring cup for 20-30 minutes to decarb and then mix the mct oil and lecithin until it isnt seperating. Then just put it in some 00 caps and pop them in the freezer. I figured 40-50 pills from 2 grams.

Does anyone have any experience, suggestions or recipes? Any input is appreciated. Thanks dudes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. It's very easy to make edibles from concentrates.
    (1) Decarb in air (not in oil) @ 240 F for 40 min using a verifying thermometer. It's easy to mess this step up.
    (2) Mix with warm oil, and use.
    I've made cannaoil caps this way with a full oz of shatter and it's potent.

Dosage might be an issue.
    Assuming the dabs are 70% thc, which could be way off, here's what you could do to make some 20 mg thc capsules.
    The total thc in 2 g is (0.7)*(2000 mg) = 1400 mg
    That will make 70 of those 20 mg caps
    Size 00 caps hold 0.9 mL, and the density of oil is about 0.9 mg/mL, so 0.9 mL oil is about 0.8 g
    The total mass of herb plus oil to produce these caps would be (0.8 g)*(70) = 56 g, but I'd add 56 g oil to account for wastage.

If you prefer you could make them using volume instead of mass.
    70 caps would require (0.9 mL/cap)*(70 caps) = 63 mL total volume
    Ignore the volume of the dab itself, because there will be that much error/wastage.

Even if you don't make caps, you should dissolve the decarbed dab material in oil to make it easier to use.
    For example, if you wanted to make an oil or alcohol tincture using a 1 oz (30 mL) tincture bottle (approximately 1200 drops), then each drop would have about (1400 mg thc)/(1200 drops) = 1.2 mg thc/drop
    Write down everything you do for future dosage reference.

You can play around with these numbers to make edibles of any strength you want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks a lot for the math. That will help me out a lot. Glad to see it's really as simple as I figured. Are you the old wild bill? I haven't been on here in a long time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Not an old WildBill on this page, joined about 9 months ago.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Check this out, SB. Just substitute the MCT oil for coconut oil. It's pretty easy with consistent dosing since you're using concentrate. There's a video that shows decarb and dosing. That will allow you to adjust her dosage as time and tolerance dictate. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anyway you can link me the video? I just figured with the fat in MCT oil being higher than coconut oil and that being the healthy part of coconut oil it would work as well if not better. I have both so either way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeah, I've stayed busy. :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Just to clarify. I should use my coconut oil over my pure MCT oil. Coconut oil is 14g or fat 12g saturated. MCT is 14g of each.

9. There's not really a lot of difference. If you want it to remain liquid at room temperature then use the MCT. MCT is coconut and palm kernel oils the fat is the medium chain triglycerides like the coconut oil. You're not extracting. You're just using the oil as the carrier of the concentrate in this case. More saturated fat is better for extraction. The coconut oil only has 12 out of 14 while the MCT has 14 out of 14. It's really too small of a difference to matter.

Since you're putting them in caps and putting in the freezer, it doesn't matter which one you use. 6 of one and a half dozen of the other. :sneaky:

10. Thanks for the info man. That's the best explination between the two for edibles I've seen. I'll post here how it goes. The batchof grewn dragon that fell in the water ended up not being too bad, not what I was hoping for though. That was about 6 months ago but there's the update lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oil turned out perfect. The decarb only took 15 minutes tops at 240-250 for no bubbles. I should have 60-70 pills to fill. As long as they do the job for granny that's all that matters to me. Thanks for the helps fellers.

Attached Files:

12. I had no doubts. Best wishes for Granny. :thumbsup:

13. Turned out amazing. I ate 3 last night to get a feel for it amd she took one. She was good to go amd I ended up higher than dabs and weed have gotten me in a while. I'm going to get a g tonight and make myself some 50 or 100mg's. Definitely the best edibles I've ever made.

Attached Files:

14. Glad to hear it, SB. And it's so easy. ;).

• Like Like x 1