BHO, How much gas is too much gas?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Dubsack22, Mar 12, 2011.

1. hey blades, im about to do my second at home BHO run using an 8 inch SS turkey baster and some good old Vector 5x filtered butane.

Ill be using somewhere around 5gs of really frosty, decarbed material which is basically the turkey baster filled. The question is, how much butane is too much butane for a single run of BHO, would more then a full can on that much material be a waste, or would it effect taste/potency like when you wash qwiso for too long?

Any help would be appreciated, im down to my last .2 from the previous batch (used 14g's of material and 3 cans, but i think i should've used more butane, but thats a whole other thread) and i would like to do the batch today while it's still light/warm outside.

2. for 5g`s of bud i think you may be fine with one can? vector cans are big if i remember right. Just be sure to angle the can around or rotate your baster to ensure all of the material in the tube gets washed in the butane.

3. Thanks, i ended up weighing what i had to use and it was actually 8 g's so i saved 2.5 for a run later on down the road. Ended up gettin .4 of some really nice and used just one can.

thanks again gc

-sorry for no pics but i don't feel like phone pics are worth it.

4. #4 doob3r, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
    hey buddy, save what you already `taned and use it next run, just watch the `tane coming out for color and whatnot, glad you got some good oil man:wave:

whip it up into some budder and pas it my way!:D

edit: i know butane is already cold as fuck but next time try freezing your material real well first, it may help your yield a tad if the trichs. are good and brittle

5. #5 gone4good, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
    Ive heard you can put your cans of butane in the freezer as well...the idea is to keep your butane in the liquid state as long as possible since in a gaseous state it is extremely inefficient as a solvent.
    check this thread out, you might find some helpful info since it sounds like you're using way too much butane.
    generally you only spray while the butane runs yellow/golden, once its running clear you stop spraying.
    a 10oz can of vector is enough to spray an oz.