BHO Help

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Corndogs, Dec 27, 2012.

1. I'm trying to find a good guide to making BHO but I'm struggling, the search feature yields way too many bad results.. But anyways I have the general concept of how to make it down I just have some questions such as what would a minimum amount of bud be that could be used to make BHO and how much butane for it? Also what type of butane is best? I would like to experiment with as little as possible until I get it down to start making large amounts. Thanks in advance for any help and sorry for posting this whereas I'm sure the information is somewhere on this site. A link would be nice too :)

Also sorry if wrong section couldn't really find a good place to post this.

2. the minimum amount you can run depends on your extractor, it should be packed fairly tight so how much you need to use depends on how much it holds. if you have some giant thing like a queen bee extractor your gonna need around an ounce to fill it, but on the other hand iv seen small glass ones that only hold maybe an eighth. once you have done some runs though, you can use the stuff you already ran as filler if you want to run a small amount. i do that on the odd occasion where i only have 3 or 4 grams to run, fill the rest of the extractor up with already ran bud so its full and packed fairly tight.

as for butane, you want butane thats 5 times refined or higher, the best brands from my experience are xikar and vector. most people use vector because its cheap and readily available in most areas, xikar is supposed to be better but its almost 3 times as expensive (iv read vector 5x has around 100 ppm of impurities, where as xikar has around 10 ppm, just enough to add a smell to it)
    as for how much to use, that also varies on the consistency of the stuff your running, your extractor, and various other things. for a run of 7 to 10 grams, i generally use most or all of a 300ml can of vector, sometimes it starts coming out clear before the cans fully empty, other times ill use the whole can and it will still be coming out with some color. once you have some experience you will get a feel for how much you need to use on any given run.

3. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vxEF6JRLZY&playnext=1&list=PL0548AAC7AD9A95A6&feature=results_main[/ame]